Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Double gutter gets there, I think villain really has a hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393972)

PoBoy321 12-08-2005 02:53 AM

Double gutter gets there, I think villain really has a hand

Villains seems kinda loose passive. Basically, his flop minraise means that he has a monster. Your play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($59.28)
MP ($69.95)
CO ($112.65)
Button ($48.90)
SB ($54.40)
Hero ($48.22)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Turn: ($6.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($14.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

12-08-2005 02:57 AM

Re: Double gutter gets there, I think villain really has a hand

If he's definitely firing another shot into this pot, I checkraise him all in.

edit: On further consideration, I don't know how much value we're going to be getting out of that line. Checkraise to $30? If villain just has a weak 2 pair hand I doubt he'd be calling a push.

orange 12-08-2005 02:59 AM

I see two options. 1 is weak lead, inducing a push/raise. I think if villan will raise your bet, leading is fine.

If not, you can c/r. Only problem is, it looksmore like a monster. But with your stack/read, I think c/r is best play.

PoBoy321 12-08-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my problem. I'm not sure that he's definitely firing another bullet. Like I said, he seems kinda of passive. Do I check/raise, bet and hopefully push, or just open-push?

12-08-2005 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my problem. I'm not sure that he's definitely firing another bullet. Like I said, he seems kinda of passive. Do I check/raise, bet and hopefully push, or just open-push?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he seems passive he's not biting on an open-push. If he's passive, what percentage of the time is he going to raise so you can 3-bet him all-in? I think ideally check-raising him would be the best line.

DJ Sensei 12-08-2005 04:02 AM

Because 43 is the nuts here (and was double-gutter style), he'll NEVER see it coming. You said that the flop minraise meant strength, and he's betting pretty hard for a "passive" player. Checkraise the river for as much as you think he'll call. If he has a set or top 2 pair, it's probably your whole stack.

12-08-2005 04:12 AM

You have to use your reads, if you are confident he'll bet ... I'd say around 80% then i'd check to him, but if you're not sure just make a value bet. Probably around 10

soah 12-08-2005 11:40 AM

If you don't have a really solid plan for extracting on the river then you have to fold the turn. I've actually seen people that check behind on the river with their sets on boards like this. But if he's loose/passive and he has a set here, you could try something ridiculous like open-pushing the river.

beavens 12-08-2005 11:42 AM

would a smaller bet of $5 or do induce a raise, or would he flat call it?

EMcWilliams 12-08-2005 11:46 AM

I think any LP Villian that has fired on the flop and turn has a hand that hell call a push with. I think I lead however, because checking behind would be a disastorus outcome for you. If you lead and he folds, Itd be the same amount of win for you as if he checked behind. If he calls, value, and if he min raises, life is good.