Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SB pushes for 19xBB and you have QJs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397265)

12-13-2005 11:43 AM

Re: SB pushes for 19xBB and you have QJs

you must be joking posting this hand?
are you honestly wondering if you should call or fold in this spot with QJ?

yvesaint 12-13-2005 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, its one of those 'i cant believe my opponent called this so lets switch villain/hero and everyone can berate his play' hands

12-13-2005 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, its one of those 'i cant believe my opponent called this so lets switch villain/hero and everyone can berate his play' hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually.. he tried to defend his opponent here.

Temp Hutter 12-13-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was SB on this play and pushed with A8o. BB called instantly with QJs and busted me out.

I was a little shocked by the play, and figured he was a calling station or something. However, I ran the hands on two dimes and he was getting 47% same as hispot odds. I think it was a bad call, but closer than it seems. It is almost impossible for QJs to be significantly ahead. I thought it would be interesting to discuss.

I like to overbet push from the SB, but not usually this much. I did it this time because I thought A8o was a good hand for it and my opponent had 3 times my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you risked 11K to win 600. You say you like to overbet push from the SB. Has this been a profitable move for you? Would raising a standard amount be a more profitable play in the long run? For all the times you pick up the BB, how many times have you been caught stealing and lost? It is hard to imagine that this has been profitable with blinds this small and stacks that deep.

12-13-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo, raise > call > push > fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the big question here is raise vs. call. I like calling with this stack size because I'm just at the limit where I can afford to lose one blind if I whiff, and might be able to double up if I flop an A and villain doesn't believe I have it. It's hard to put numbers to this, though. Also, calling and getting raised is very awkward.

schwza 12-13-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the big question here is raise vs. call. I like calling with this stack size because I'm just at the limit where I can afford to lose one blind if I whiff, and might be able to double up if I flop an A and villain doesn't believe I have it. It's hard to put numbers to this, though. Also, calling and getting raised is very awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't hate a limp-reraise against an aggro player. one nice thing about A8 is that is that it does well against worse Ax and KJ-type hands. open-pushing shuts out those hands, but limp-reraising can get you all-in with them.

12-13-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't hate a limp-reraise against an aggro player. one nice thing about A8 is that is that it does well against worse Ax and KJ-type hands. open-pushing shuts out those hands, but limp-reraising can get you all-in with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I'm officially in favor of limping > raising > pushing > folding.