Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can Stars bonus be cleared in my current lifetime? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=215923)

westmt01 03-18-2005 10:21 PM

Can Stars bonus be cleared in my current lifetime?

After years of resisting joining Poker Stars for lack of a welcome bonus and reports that the play there was tough, I finally took the plunge a few days ago. But after many hours of playing 1/2 limit, I have accumulated very few FPPs. I'd like to live long enough to be able to enjoy the bonus if/when I clear it, but at the rate I'm going I'm getting worried.

Due to my limited bankroll I'd rather not play 2/4, but is that the only way to clear the bonus? Maybe I've just been unlucky to have played at unusually tight tables, but I rarely see more than 3 people in for the flop (as opposed to someplace like Pacific or True, where it's not unusual for 8-9 people to see the flop; sometimes people who aren't even playing at your table call BTF).

Since I'm a Stars Noob, I'd like to hear a from a few people who have played there for a while. Is the play always so tight? Can I clear the bonus at 1/2? Or should I just consider my bonus there an IRA that I won't be able to withdraw until I'm 59?

ClaytonN 03-18-2005 10:25 PM

Re: Can Stars bonus be cleared in my current lifetime?

I just cleared mine. Playing 2/4 and 3/6 helps.

FlFishOn 03-18-2005 10:46 PM

I too took up the Stars bonus. Playing .25/.5 NL I will not live to see it worked off. At .5/ $1 NL I find about 1/4 of the hands qualify. So it's looking like a Christmas present.

The good news; the NL games seem to be OK.

Stew 03-18-2005 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After years of resisting joining Poker Stars for lack of a welcome bonus and reports that the play there was tough, I finally took the plunge a few days ago. But after many hours of playing 1/2 limit, I have accumulated very few FPPs. I'd like to live long enough to be able to enjoy the bonus if/when I clear it, but at the rate I'm going I'm getting worried.

Due to my limited bankroll I'd rather not play 2/4, but is that the only way to clear the bonus? Maybe I've just been unlucky to have played at unusually tight tables, but I rarely see more than 3 people in for the flop (as opposed to someplace like Pacific or True, where it's not unusual for 8-9 people to see the flop; sometimes people who aren't even playing at your table call BTF).

Since I'm a Stars Noob, I'd like to hear a from a few people who have played there for a while. Is the play always so tight? Can I clear the bonus at 1/2? Or should I just consider my bonus there an IRA that I won't be able to withdraw until I'm 59?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can clear like 50-75 FPP an hour playing 2-3 tables of limit 1/2, I don't really know why you think their bonuses are hard to clear. That's just a tad less than what you'd get per hour of raked hands at Party in my estimation.

SackUp 03-18-2005 10:58 PM

This has actually been one of the fastest bonuses to clear for me. I 4-5 tabled 2/4 with a couple of the high speed tables and it has been smoking. The games are tight, but I'm just whoring them anyhow, so fine for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Losing all 03-18-2005 10:59 PM

I don't look at the stars bonuses like I do Party (clear it in a day and bathe in free 20's). It doesn't expire, so unless your bankroll really needs the $120 boost there's no hurry. You can clear it slowly but surely playing a few SnG's a week. Do you ever play UB or Paradise? When I play these sites I'll use my 4th slot for Stars if I have bonus pending.

miajag81 03-18-2005 11:01 PM

Like I said in another thread on the same subject, it took me about 4-5 hours playing 2 tables of 2/4 6 max to clear the bonus.

jaxUp 03-18-2005 11:30 PM

I caleared mine 3-tabling 1/2 6max. It took a while, but I did get it done within a 48 hour span. (10 hours of playing?)

tinga81 03-18-2005 11:44 PM

I cleared this bonus at 1/2 in less than two days time, after what I had read at other places, I thought it was going to be a nightmare. It wasn't too bad, just keep at it.

Rhone 03-19-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...as opposed to someplace like Pacific or True, where it's not unusual for 8-9 people to see the flop; sometimes people who aren't even playing at your table call BTF).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty funny. Thanks for the chuckle, I needed it today. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]