Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   FU, Pat Forde! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402047)

SomethingClever 12-20-2005 01:48 PM

FU, Pat Forde!

Dude just picked OU straight-up over Oregon in the Holiday Bowl. I hope this [censored] is getting tacked up in the locker room right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Holiday Bowl (19), Dec. 29: Will Oregon be in the tank after its BCS snub, like Cal was in this game last year? Given that possibility, plus quarterback Kellen Clemens' broken ankle, plus the way running back Adrian Peterson (20) finished the regular season, we'll take the upset here. The pick: Oklahoma, 28-27.

[/ QUOTE ]

This [censored] probably didn't notice that we have 2 perfectly good backup QBs that won the last 5 or 6 games of the season.

Douche.

ThaSaltCracka 12-20-2005 01:55 PM

Re: FU, Pat Forde!

I hate Oregon.

SomethingClever 12-20-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hate UW, OSU and WSU, but I still root for them in bowl games over lame ass schools from other parts of the country.

ThaSaltCracka 12-20-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hate UW, OSU and WSU, but I still root for them in bowl games over lame ass schools from other parts of the country.

[/ QUOTE ]booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Fix your ankle already.

Drew16 12-20-2005 02:36 PM

While I have no interest in this game, Pat Forde is a douche. He used to write for the courier-journal here in louisville and he now does a weekly sports bit for the tv station I work for.

Soul Daddy 12-20-2005 03:07 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pat Forde.

jdl22 12-20-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this odd. I like WSU on an enemies' enemy type basis. I have never nor will ever root for Washington in any circumstance that doesn't involve Oregon needing them to win for the pac 10 title or something like that.

OSU I tend to dislike, I used to actually hope they won every week but the civil war, but since they had a few good seasons with Erickson the way their players and fans act have turned me against them. If they ever make another bowl game I'll probably hope they win depending on opponent.

Ken_AA 12-20-2005 09:19 PM

seems like alot of anger over one guy picking another team. Who cares who he picks, if anything maybe more people will bet OU and you can get a slighlty better line, if sports betting is your thing.

Ken

Dudd 12-20-2005 09:42 PM

OMG, someone picked an upset. Burn him!

SomethingClever 12-21-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, someone picked an upset. Burn him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what chaps my ass is that he clearly knows nothing about the team. One of his "reasons" for picking OU is that our QB is hurt.

Uhh... he's been hurt for over half the season, [censored]. I mean, if he knew anything about the team, or had watched a single game, he would know better.

SomethingClever 12-21-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never nor will ever root for Washington in any circumstance that doesn't involve Oregon needing them to win for the pac 10 title or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the teams I listed, UW is probably my least favorite. When they had that douche Neuheisel, I rooted for them to lose even their bowl games.

But in general, I like it when Pac-10 teams win bowl games, because then the horseshit that happened this year with UO getting snubbed is less likely.

B Dids 12-22-2005 12:24 PM

It's in your interest as a Pac-10 fan to root for Pac-10 teams in bowls so that we don't keep getting shafted.

SC- based on the game vs us (WSU) your backup QBs struck me as lousy. That said- you should still roll an avg Big 12 team.

That one game Cal mailed in really screwed the Pac-10's rep. It's like that mattered more than USC just destroying everybody last year.

SomethingClever 12-22-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SC- based on the game vs us (WSU) your backup QBs struck me as lousy. That said- you should still roll an avg Big 12 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't watch the Civil War, did you? Dixon really had it going in that one, and Leaf wasn't bad either.

I think they're both sophomores, but Dixon has the potential to be Vince Young lite, while Brady Leaf is, well, Ryan Leaf lite.

SinCityGuy 12-30-2005 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude just picked OU straight-up over Oregon in the Holiday Bowl. I hope this [censored] is getting tacked up in the locker room right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope they didn't waste too much paper on it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Forde actually gave Oregon too much credit in his prediction. Their offense got manhandled by Oklahoma's front seven, but Oklahoma didn't put them away when they had the chance to.

Oregon is now 0-6 lifetime against Oklahoma.

ThaSaltCracka 12-30-2005 11:42 AM

yet again, the overrated Pac-10 shows its colors.

Jack of Arcades 12-30-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their offense got manhandled by Oklahoma's front seven, but Oklahoma didn't put them away when they had the chance to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that code for "Oklahoma's offense sucks goat balls"?

DCWildcat 12-30-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you hat oregeon? I didn't know it was a state until two weeks ago. It's like hating Rhode Island. Why?