Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Joanne "JJ" Liu... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399081)

LLKOOLK1 12-15-2005 04:26 PM

Joanne \"JJ\" Liu...

Currently the chip leader of the 5 Diamond main event with I belive 28 players remaining. Look for her to make some noise. I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to play with her for the last 5 hours of day 1 and the first 3 hours of day 2 at the WPT Finals at Foxwoods. She is solid, and I dont remember her turning over a losing hand in the entire time i sat with her. (Her Getting AA twice in a matter of 10 mins helped her bulid up a solid stack)
And needless to say she was the cause of my unraveling just before the money. Every hand I opened with she popped me back and I kept having to lay down, we had some words actually on one hand, but overall I really enjoyed watching her play. Seat draw will have an impact on how well she does here, since I see allot of players left that could make this difficult for her, but GL to her.
-LL

UMTerp 12-15-2005 04:27 PM

Re: Joanne \"JJ\" Liu...

[ QUOTE ]
Seat draw will have an impact on how well she does here

[/ QUOTE ]

She got a terrific draw today.

B Dids 12-15-2005 04:47 PM

Guys, let's try and keep this all in one 5 Diamond thread. Clutter is unseemly and a breeding ground for filth and dirt.

12-15-2005 08:57 PM

Re: Joanne \"JJ\" Liu... *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

LLKOOLK1 12-16-2005 01:32 AM

Dids, it wasnt about the 5 diamond, it is about her as a player. I said she is doing well, but the main point was to dicuss her as a player. I have seen far more useless clutter than this...sorry i guess, but i dunno
-LL

Sponger15SB 12-16-2005 04:40 AM

It just bothers me that they call her Joanne "JJ" Liu. Either call her Joanne or JJ, its kinda pointless if they call her by her first name at the same time.

B Dids 12-16-2005 11:51 AM

LL-

It's not so much that this thread in and of itself was clutter, just that if we have 10 others like it, we will have clutter and I'd like to discourage that.

J.A.Sucker 12-16-2005 03:16 PM

Sponger,

I've known JJ for 5 years and never heard her first name before. There is no Joanne, only JJ.

She's quite a character, and those who know, know what I'm talking about.

bogey 12-16-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

She's quite a character, and those who know, know what I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate for those who dont know?

thanks

Quicksilvre 12-16-2005 10:31 PM

Here's an interesting article from when JJ (then JJ Bortner) made some noise at the 1999 WSOP:

Andy Glazer's WSOP Queries