Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Blind Battles: Hand #6 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397126)

TStoneMBD 12-12-2005 09:06 PM

Blind Battles: Hand #6

SB is a tough, solid tricky player. You play alot together and metagame counts. He raises the SB alot against you.

Everyone folds to SB and he raises, you call in the BB with 5Js.

Flop is 5Q7 twotone none of your suit.

He bets, you raise, he reraises, you call.

Turn is a 4

He bets

Easy fold?

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 09:12 PM

Re: Blind Battles: Hand #6

You should know his style by now. Is he ever playing AK or a flush draw like this? Probably an easy fold, but if he is pretty agro, and can semi-bluff a lot, I guess you could call down sometimes.

DeathDonkey 12-12-2005 09:15 PM

Not an easy fold for me. Whether I pay off depends on very recent history - like what I did the last 2 times this happened in the session. Not easy at all.

-DeathDonkey

mperich 12-12-2005 09:49 PM

I probably fold. Ive also been waiting until the turn to raise here a lot.

-Mike

oreogod 12-12-2005 11:00 PM

i dont see this as an easy fold, I see it as a tougher situation that depends on what is happening at the table. What will he play at u with, is he being solid or making moves, etc.

Victor 12-12-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You play alot together and metagame counts

[/ QUOTE ]

if i have called him down light the last few times or caught him bluffing a recently this is a fold.

if i have folded and felt pushed around i will call.

Surfbullet 12-12-2005 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably fold. Ive also been waiting until the turn to raise here a lot.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Surf

TStoneMBD 12-12-2005 11:30 PM

i usually wait till the turn to raise this too but not all the time of course.

Spicymoose 12-12-2005 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i usually wait till the turn to raise this too but not all the time of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually save my "wait till the turn to raise" spots for higher pairs. I didn't realize people were doing this with low middle, and even bottom pairs. Obviously it is board dependant, but how often would you say you are waiting till the turn on your bottom pair hands?

TStoneMBD 12-12-2005 11:51 PM

id say if im going to put a raise in with bottom pair itll be on the turn 75% of the time and on the flop the other 25%. it also varies depending on the board of course. sometimes i just call the flop and call the turn. its important to often just call the flop with these pairs because you should often be calling the flop with no pair alot as well.

when your opponent sees you calling the flop with pairs hell often checkfold the turn which allows you to pick up alot of pots when you have called the flop with nothing. if he realizes youre calling the flop with nothing alot as well as calling with pairs hell often fire another bluff on the turn and youll extract more bets with your pairs this way. playing in position against a SB stealer in this manner is a strategy that is hard to exploit. you should of course also be mixing it up with a good raising strategy that is hard to read.