Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Arrested Development (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378478)

Go_Blue88 11-14-2005 08:17 PM

Arrested Development

I think that this is the funniest show on T.V. In fact, there's never been an episode where I haven't laughed hysterically. Yet...it's being fuking cancelled!! (and has always struggled w/ ratings).

So, I figure lotsa people on this board prolly don't watch it. For this reason, I'd be interested in hearing why you don't find it enjoyable. It's hilarious.

UCF THAYER 11-14-2005 08:21 PM

Re: Arrested Development

[ QUOTE ]

So, I figure lotsa people on this board prolly don't watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the numerous threads on AD, i would assume that alot of people on this board do watch it.

It's a very funny show.

11-14-2005 08:23 PM

Perhaps you missed the first 50 threads on AD here. The general opinion in OOT is that it's a damn good show.

benza13 11-14-2005 08:25 PM

The first three seasons of Family Guy were unbelievable, yet it was cancelled (although later brought back). This happens with good shows once in a while, especially comedies. For whatever reason sometimes even critically acclaimed shows can't hold an audience. Fox in particular struggles with this. I think they pull the plug a little too soon on some shows (and then there are shows that should never have even made pilot stage on Fox).

Go_Blue88 11-14-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you missed the first 50 threads on AD here. The general opinion in OOT is that it's a damn good show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I never noticed the threads. Alright good to see, nevermind.

RacersEdge 11-14-2005 08:41 PM

It looked good when it first came out - I watched a couple episodes - just nothing special IMO. It was like it the characters were trying too hard to be outrageous.

Go_Blue88 11-14-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looked good when it first came out - I watched a couple episodes - just nothing special IMO. It was like it the characters were trying too hard to be outrageous.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like the greatest part of the show. The crazy characters like Joeb, Buster, the father, and Tabias surround the "normal" Michael. This contrast causes their interactions to provide a lot of the entertainment.

TheBlueMonster 11-14-2005 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, I figure lotsa people on this board prolly don't watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be such a MRF ( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
I am really angry about this show being cancelled. My favorite show....even (almost) up there on my list with the Simpsons.

TheBlueMonster 11-14-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tabias

[/ QUOTE ]
Tobias. As in Gobias Industries. As in Go buy us a cup of coffee.

B Dids 11-14-2005 08:53 PM

I understand them saying "ok, bottom line, we think the show rules, but it doesn't make money, it's gotta go".

Sucks, but like, that's the breaks.

What I don't understand is them saying "ok, we'll kill that, but let's green light this Pamela Anderson sitcom".

Either I don't understand that because "Stacked" will actually get better ratings and I want to kill people or I don't understand it because it clearly won't and I want to kill people at Fox.