Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The King and I Trip Report (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355194)

daveymck 10-11-2005 09:55 AM

The King and I Trip Report

The King and I is currently touring the country away from I assume its normal west end theatre, my daughter (6) loves stuff like that and I got an offer for £10 ($17) tickets I got front row which I was thankful for.

Our lass was meant to take my daughter leaving me with an evening of peace, but my daughter insisted that I was taking her, so I had to suck up and be a dad.

As for the show was the total borefest I was expecting (bearing in mind my metal loving of music) and the disapointment was that there were no hot woman in the production at all, even though there were lots asians in it as well, nothing remotely worth looking at. The last show I attended was Dick Whittington and had the sexiest cat you could ever wish to see in a local show.

The whole thing was saved by being at the front was overlooking the orchestra pit, after carefully checking that my psycho ex wasnt playing (she played clarinet and did stuff like that) was then able to settle down and enjoy the fantastic blonde double bass player, very attractive with a fantastic smile, unfortunatley the smile was aimed at the conductor and not me. I have tried to locate a picture of the said musician but it looks like she is not part of the normal production or has had a sex change as the official website has a Ed Harris listed.

Oh and the King dies at the end.

(this may be the worst trip report ever but it seems a quiet day)

samjjones 10-11-2005 09:58 AM

Re: The King and I Trip Report

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im.../039_34862.jpg
Nobody can replace HIM.

Slow Play Ray 10-11-2005 10:38 AM

Damn, I thought this post was going to be about the Thai restaurant on Charles St. in Boston.

touchfaith 10-11-2005 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The King and I is currently touring the country away from I assume its normal west end theatre, my daughter (6) loves stuff like that and I got an offer for £10 ($17) tickets I got front row which I was thankful for.

Our lass was meant to take my daughter leaving me with an evening of peace, but my daughter insisted that I was taking her, so I had to suck up and be a dad.

As for the show was the total borefest I was expecting (bearing in mind my metal loving of music) and the disapointment was that there were no hot woman in the production at all, even though there were lots asians in it as well, nothing remotely worth looking at. The last show I attended was Dick Whittington and had the sexiest cat you could ever wish to see in a local show.

The whole thing was saved by being at the front was overlooking the orchestra pit, after carefully checking that my psycho ex wasnt playing (she played clarinet and did stuff like that) was then able to settle down and enjoy the fantastic blonde double bass player, very attractive with a fantastic smile, unfortunatley the smile was aimed at the conductor and not me. I have tried to locate a picture of the said musician but it looks like she is not part of the normal production or has had a sex change as the official website has a Ed Harris listed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post makes me mad.

Do you see why?

I'll let others elaborate.

SL__72 10-11-2005 10:49 AM

Because everything makes you mad?

daveymck 10-11-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post makes me mad.

Do you see why?

I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its ok calm down I did buy ice cream in the interval.

daveymck 10-11-2005 11:31 AM

OK a alternative trip report for Thinman which will I think appeal even less to the OOT audience than the first edit.

Went to see King and I last night had got fornt row tickets for my daughter and our lass. I was going to have a nice peaceful relaxing night before leaving for work for 10 days, unfortunatley for me as it was my last day my daughter insisted I took her, this sort of show really isnt my cup of tea but she wanted me, so I agreed.

Got to the Theatre parked up nearby and walked hand in hand across to the Theatre chatting happily as fathers and daughters do, was driving so didnt stop for a drink in the bar so straight down to our seats. Front row the stage wasnt too high so was a really good view.

Was good to be at the front as we could look into the orchestra pit so gave her a bit more to look at and see what goes on around a show (she goes to stage school once a week so is good experiecne for her).

Was thirsty so got her settled and ran up to the bar to get us a couple of bottles of coke and rush back in enough time that she wasnt too worried and got back just in time for the curtain going up.

Show was boring for me although the singinag and acting was fine wasnt my cup of tea so was very boring, however my daughter was in her element quite happy and nodding along to the music etc.

The interval came so overpriced ice creams all around. Had a bit chat got her to ring her mam to tell her we would be later back than expected and that she was enjoying it.

After the interval was getting late and my daughter was getting tired and a bit bored as she only really liked the scenes with the King, as she was tired she jumped on my knee and got a hug while the show continued.

After an eternity it ended so we braved the crowds to get back to the car, her holding on tight so not to get lost, back to the car park and a huge queu to pay but we stood in it and chatted about the show etc. She didnt have a favourite character she liked them all equally.

Got her home for 10.30 her mam put her straight to bed while I packed my car with my clothes etc for the next two weeks. Went up said goodnight to her big hugs and kisses from her got in her good books putting her fan on after her mam had said she couldnt have it, and so left her smiling and happy and me feeling crap that I wont see her again for so long.

touchfaith 10-11-2005 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK a alternative trip report for Thinman which will I think appeal even less to the OOT audience than the first edit.

Went to see King and I last night had got fornt row tickets for my daughter and our lass. I was going to have a nice peaceful relaxing night before leaving for work for 10 days, unfortunatley for me as it was my last day my daughter insisted I took her, this sort of show really isnt my cup of tea but she wanted me, so I agreed.

Got to the Theatre parked up nearby and walked hand in hand across to the Theatre chatting happily as fathers and daughters do, was driving so didnt stop for a drink in the bar so straight down to our seats. Front row the stage wasnt too high so was a really good view.

Was good to be at the front as we could look into the orchestra pit so gave her a bit more to look at and see what goes on around a show (she goes to stage school once a week so is good experiecne for her).

Was thirsty so got her settled and ran up to the bar to get us a couple of bottles of coke and rush back in enough time that she wasnt too worried and got back just in time for the curtain going up.

Show was boring for me although the singinag and acting was fine wasnt my cup of tea so was very boring, however my daughter was in her element quite happy and nodding along to the music etc.

The interval came so overpriced ice creams all around. Had a bit chat got her to ring her mam to tell her we would be later back than expected and that she was enjoying it.

After the interval was getting late and my daughter was getting tired and a bit bored as she only really liked the scenes with the King, as she was tired she jumped on my knee and got a hug while the show continued.

After an eternity it ended so we braved the crowds to get back to the car, her holding on tight so not to get lost, back to the car park and a huge queu to pay but we stood in it and chatted about the show etc. She didnt have a favourite character she liked them all equally.

Got her home for 10.30 her mam put her straight to bed while I packed my car with my clothes etc for the next two weeks. Went up said goodnight to her big hugs and kisses from her got in her good books putting her fan on after her mam had said she couldnt have it, and so left her smiling and happy and me feeling crap that I wont see her again for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, now that was a great report. Sounds like she had a great time and you had fun as well. Impossible not too.

Thanks

peachy 10-11-2005 11:04 PM

I saw this on stage last year at the FOX and i absoultely LOVED it!! I was a harsh judge on it too b/c its one of the only stage productions that was made amazingly onto film...but still noone can do better than Kerr and Brenner for me in this production on stage or film (blah jodie foster's one).

I love theater though....so maybe im a bit biast...we make a whole day out of the ordeal

did u not know he died at the end or are u kiddng?

and to me it has some of the best written songs for a musical production ever.....very diverse and fitting