Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Mason's question about Cooke, and a response (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=242128)

La Brujita 04-30-2005 01:19 PM

Re: Mason\'s question about Cooke, and a response

The important point about all of this for all of us who take the game seriously is to cut out as much of the cheating as we possibly can in this game. I think Mr. Bond makes a good point. Frankly, who cares if Roy Cooke has or has not lost credibility with his post, what we should all care about is how to stop cheating.

My two cents-I wish we could all focus on that.

Vincent Lepore 04-30-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what we should all care about is how to stop cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

What cheating? Don't you find it interesting that a cheating consultant, RC, would find that "cheating is a serious problem"?

In the case of R. Georgiev, he's just trying to make a living off of the perception that things are as he says they are not as they really are. Don't you get it? As long as there is a belief that there is widespread cheating going on in poker these types become in high demand. This fellow Bond and RC say that a lot of Georgiev's internet cheating expose's are right on the money. Bull! Prove it! In one sentence they call this guy a "slimeball". Then in the next they say he is someone to "listen" to. Excuse me, if I question their motives!

Vince

hmmmmm 04-30-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This fellow Bond and RC say that a lot of Georgiev's internet cheating expose's are right on the money. Bull! Prove it!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not in Kansas anymore, Grasshopper.

Lurshy 05-01-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Roy gives him credit on that account because that is an essential step of working against the kind of stuff he talks about."

Why is that an essential step? When I write that you shouldn't play medium pairs in eight or better stud it is not essential that I mention that Russ once wrote something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi David,

With such an important topic being brought up by RC and JB, perhaps you can focus more on the real issue(s) they are trying to discuss. Instead you focus on the fact the they are giving due to someone that you have no respect for (russ).

Someone as respected and influential in the industry and media as you, certainly has much more meaningful thoughts and ideas on the topic of cheating in poker (online or otherwise), and how it may be reduced. Please share your ideas.

If you don't think it is a problem, that would be interesting to know as well.

I also ask the same of Mason, as he took the same type of exception to the RC post, and completely ignored the issues he is trying to hilight.

Sincerely,
Michael Lurie aka
Lurshy