Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Mod list? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384460)

Mat Sklansky 11-27-2005 06:47 PM

Re: Mod list?

any objections?

astroglide 11-27-2005 06:51 PM

i think adding careers to it could give it focus. might bring a lot of college questions/enthusiasm to the mix, and a problem with 'niche' forums like the stock market one is that they falteer due to a lack of membership. i'm sure plenty of people would like to talk about their economic aspirations in a general sense if it didn't look like something where only people who are financial planners go to chat.

so maybe something like 'money, investments, and careers'?

Surfbullet 11-27-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds good.

Surf

durron597 11-27-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds good.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this too.

Entity 11-28-2005 02:18 AM

When we decide that the bad beats forum needs a mod, can it please be Sponger?

nolanfan34 11-28-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When we decide that the bad beats forum needs a mod, can it please be Sponger?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought of him as a mod scares me, but he is having his way with that forum so far, that's for sure.

Ed Miller 11-28-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds good.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I like the idea of broadening, I think we should keep "Stock Market" in the name for continuity. While it's a low volume forum, the discussion is high quality and I don't want it to get diluted too badly.

Perhaps "Stock Market and Investing" or "Stock Market, Investing, and Taxes" forum. I dunno.

EDIT: How about "Stock Market, Investing, and Financial Goals" or even "Stock Market, Investing, and Careers"

astroglide 11-28-2005 05:50 PM

not sure i understand the continuity emphasis since the existing posters would know right away that the forum was renamed.

i think 'stock market' is encompassed by 'investments' (as well as real estate and all sorts of other items), and i like the welcoming gesture of a broad term like 'money'. if it sounds too technical or pointed, i think it could ward off potential posters. your suggestions sound too formal to me, but i do like the addition of taxes to the mix.

nolanfan34 11-28-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do like the addition of taxes to the mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this for sure. That's something that would be a nice addition to the forum, since those questions pop up all over the place, with no one location to send people to.

B Dids 12-02-2005 11:03 PM

One of the things that got missed here were some of the changes we talked about making to the existing forums. Is that something we want to explore at this time?