Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Question for Pokerstars regulars (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356930)

Freudian 10-13-2005 03:06 PM

Question for Pokerstars regulars

So I'm playing a SnG and once it is HU the other guy asks if I want to chop? That happens often?

pokerlaw 10-13-2005 03:10 PM

Re: Question for Pokerstars regulars

i've seem it happen at the $500 turbos, but never on a game i've been in.

Freudian 10-13-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've seem it happen at the $500 turbos, but never on a game i've been in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have chopped. Afterall the difference between 1st and 2nd for the 15+1 turbos is $27.

I said no because I like living on the edge.

Jbrochu 10-13-2005 03:16 PM

It's only happened to me once in 10 months, but it was at a $55 which I thought was kind of strange since we're talking about small $$$.

10-13-2005 03:16 PM

If you feel you are the better player, a chop would be incorrect.

Jbrochu 10-13-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said no because I like living on the edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Sidekick 10-13-2005 03:27 PM

I have had it happen to me once in over 2k SNGs this year. I cannot tell you if I'm the exception or the rule as far as frequency goes, but I suspect it is just really rare for others to ask for a chop in the SNGs.

I always figured that deals for chopping the pot are done because folks are hedging their bets with the time/difficulty in reaching a final table in a multi. But those issues really don't apply in a SNG, so why bother chopping?

Dr_Jeckyl_00 10-13-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had it happen to me once in over 2k SNGs this year. I cannot tell you if I'm the exception or the rule as far as frequency goes, but I suspect it is just really rare for others to ask for a chop in the SNGs.

I always figured that deals for chopping the pot are done because folks are hedging their bets with the time/difficulty in reaching a final table in a multi. But those issues really don't apply in a SNG, so why bother chopping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some heads up games last forever. By chopping, you both get better than 2nd and can immediately fire-up another game. I have always played on Party and this will soon be an option there. I recently got a Stars account and did not know they do this. But it seems to me to not be a terrible option... unless as someone said you are the better player... but even then you could still finish 2nd...

Eric Draven 10-13-2005 03:38 PM

Only happened in about a year and a half... Then again I play 10s

Freudian 10-13-2005 03:39 PM

Problem is that you have to mail the support and they will come to the table. If there was a chop button I would start thinking about doing it.

Based on the few turbos I have played the blinds escalate so fast that you probably would lose time if you chopped.