Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $22: fighting back at the big stack from BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407062)

12-29-2005 11:36 AM

$22: fighting back at the big stack from BB

I think a leak in my game is that I don't fight back enough or even call enough on or close to the bubble. I understand gap theory, but perhaps my gap is too large? I am starting to get a little better at assigning ranges. In this hand below, villain obviously has a HUGE range. I was tempted to push, but didn't feel I had enough FE (any?) and didn't want to toss a coin to make the money. Thoughts?

I think this is still a fold, but what range would you need to push back at villain here?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1165)
Button (t3805)
SB (t1720)
Hero (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t300</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

tigerite 12-29-2005 11:39 AM

Re: $22: fighting back at the big stack from BB

I'd fold, no need to get involved and still plenty of poker to play yet with blinds only at 75/150. Plus UTG is about to go into the blinds and you have position on him.

12-29-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold, no need to get involved and still plenty of poker to play yet with blinds only at 75/150. Plus UTG is about to go into the blinds and you have position on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. What approximate range would you push over the top with here?

Sykes 12-29-2005 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. What approximate range would you push over the top with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

A2+
22+
K8o+
QT+

jb9 12-29-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A2+
22+
K8o+
QT+

[/ QUOTE ]

A5+
55+
K9+
JT+

12-29-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A2+
22+
K8o+
QT+

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fold for me, but I agree you got to fight back sometimes but isn't this range a bit loose?

pooh74 12-29-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A2+
22+
K8o+
QT+

[/ QUOTE ]

A5+
55+
K9+
JT+

[/ QUOTE ]

This is range is better but still too loose for me. BTW, stack sizes here are making your resteal range a bit tighter.

45suited 12-29-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A2+
22+
K8o+
QT+

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems reckless beyond belief to me.

You are not even the shortstack, for crying out loud. Way to do the rest of the table a huge favor.