Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Some boring hands (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406813)

1800GAMBLER 12-28-2005 11:32 PM

Some boring hands

Opponent is 16/10

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Opponent is 30/8, we have tangled a few times with no showdowns and different results vs each other.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Any fun plans for the river if called?

Opponent is 19/8

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Nightwish 12-29-2005 12:56 AM

Re: Some boring hands

Hand 1: I would have bet the turn and called a check-raise. But given your turn check, were you going to a call a non-diamond, non-T river?

Hand 2: I don't think this will work often enough to be profitable. He will call you on the turn, which pretty much forces you to bet the river. I would probably bet-fold the turn instead of this, which looks too much like spewage to me.

Hand 3: Again, I don't think this will work often enough, especially against a savvy opponent. You cannot credibly represent a flush because a flush draw (especially an A high one, since that's what he'd have to put you on because of your preflop 3-bet) would have bet the turn.

1800GAMBLER 12-29-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3: You cannot credibly represent a flush because a flush draw (especially an A high one, since that's what he'd have to put you on because of your preflop 3-bet) would have bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wwwwhat? AQ i call flop then lead turn?

A flush is not the only thing i do this river c/r here with. I will do this with AA KK QQ, i will have these the times i 1. decided on the flop to raise the turn then 2. on the turn decided that the opponent will bet even if the king there and when he doesn't i can still get two bets in anyway by c/r'ing the river.

None of this really matters since it all just depends on how much he likes his AJ with an overcard and completed flush, the call is def. -EV against me it's just if they'll normally make it. In a vacuum i need 25% success. I think if i posted this hand against me in a poll giving 2p2ers AJ at least 35% would fold. Awesome for later on too.

I was unsure if i liked the play when posting it but now i do a lot. Against a 16%- i'd really like it.

Nightwish 12-29-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3: You cannot credibly represent a flush because a flush draw (especially an A high one, since that's what he'd have to put you on because of your preflop 3-bet) would have bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wwwwhat? AQ i call flop then lead turn?

A flush is not the only thing i do this river c/r here with. I will do this with AA KK QQ, i will have these the times i 1. decided on the flop to raise the turn then 2. on the turn decided that the opponent will bet even if the king there and when he doesn't i can still get two bets in anyway by c/r'ing the river.

None of this really matters since it all just depends on how much he likes his AJ with an overcard and completed flush, the call is def. -EV against me it's just if they'll normally make it. In a vacuum i need 25% success. I think if i posted this hand against me in a poll giving 2p2ers AJ at least 35% would fold. Awesome for later on too.

I was unsure if i liked the play when posting it but now i do a lot. Against a 16%- i'd really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, scratch everything I said here because I somehow missed the fact that he raised the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

In fact, it's he who is the one that has played it like a flush draw. Perhaps you're right that he has AJ -- in which case his turn check is a mistake that most TAGs wouldn't make, which makes me doubt that he has AJ. Whatever it is, it's either a really weak hand (which again should have bet the turn) or a flush. I find the latter far more likely, so that's why I still don't like your check-raise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

chav 12-29-2005 05:30 AM

hand1. I bet the turn.your hand is too vulnarable to overcards or sm pairs rivering a set.Morover if he has an A he will rarely c/r afraid of the flush and other (like sets,2 pair).If c/r call one off(possible 11 outs) and fold river if unimproved.
hand2.I don`t like ur c/r at all.The board is to-o-o co-ordinated, any pair with K or 10 in the hand will call and you can`t fold his pair of A or better.
If he has a hand that will fold to a c/r here it will fold to a straight bet on the turn.
hand3.Why c/r the river??
Any pair or better will call your c/r here.
He will check behind any weak hand that beats you and you will lose your opp-ty to bluff at the pot representing a K.
The only hand folding to a c/r here is a pure bluff on his side but it will fold to a straight river bet.
Overall I think you are too agressive in situations that do not warrant it.

Play smart,not hard.

chav 12-29-2005 05:44 AM

Very few high stakes players that i play agains will fold second pair top kicker here after 2 checks.if they bet AJ here they beleive they have the best hand.May be u have no more than 10% folding EV here.

dave44 12-29-2005 01:36 PM

I like Hand 1.

I think Hand 2 sucks and there is no way that works enough.

I think Hand 3 is OK. Villain could easily have 77-TT,QJ,JT,AJ some of which I believe he'd have to lay down here.