Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Alito: "abortion not a Constitutionally-protected right" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377977)

11-14-2005 02:47 AM

Alito: \"abortion not a Constitutionally-protected right\"

Whoah Nellie! The Alito battle is about to heat up. The DrudgeReport currently has the following at the top of the page:

[ QUOTE ]
WASH TIMES: Alito rejected abortion as a right; paper shows personal view... Judge Alito, Bush's Supreme Court nominee, wrote that 'the Constitution does not protect a right to an abortion' in a 1985 document obtained by the WASHINGTON TIMES.... 'I personally believe very strongly" in this legal position... Developing...

[/ QUOTE ]

www.drudgereport.com

How awesome would it be if Bush had two consecutive failed Supreme Court nominees?

BCPVP 11-14-2005 03:04 AM

Re: Alito: \"abortion not a Constitutionally-protected right\"

Excellent! If you think about it, Alito is really replacing Rehnquist's ideological position because Roberts was initially nominated to replace O'Conner, so it makes sense that he'd be against the belief that abortion is a right. But maybe we can get a good ol' fashioned scrum on this.

lehighguy 11-14-2005 03:22 AM

As elliot said, don't feed the trolls.

BCPVP 11-14-2005 04:05 AM

Actually, I was rather hoping there might actually be some discussion of a nominee to the SUPREME COURT! For Pete's sake how often does this happen and we can't get a single thread on it? If it takes a little meat to the liberal jaxmike, so be it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DCopper04 11-14-2005 04:48 AM

Sure as hell hope he doesn't make it through. I'm not huge on politics, but this opinion alone has me holding my breath.

Colonel Kataffy 11-14-2005 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure as hell hope he doesn't make it through. I'm not huge on politics, but this opinion alone has me holding my breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Planning on having an abortion in a red state sometime in the future?

DCopper04 11-14-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Planning on having an abortion in a red state sometime in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not, but I'm sure there are thousands of women who are.

Shaun 11-21-2005 05:06 AM

Where in the constitution does it say that a woman has a right to end the life of a fetus? Which amendment was that again?

tonypaladino 11-21-2005 06:10 AM

Regardless of whether you think abortion is right/wrong or should be legal/illegal, you have to be a complete moron to think there is a contitutional right to abortion.

PoBoy321 11-21-2005 10:37 AM

While I certainly agree with Roe v. Wade and think that women should be able to have an abortion, from a constitutional standpoint, it's pretty clear that women don't have a constitutional right to an abortion. Now, whether or not the SC should take a strict constructionist view of the matter is completely different.