Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Why is Phil Ivey so cool? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=282090)

Saddlepoint 06-28-2005 10:09 AM

Why is Phil Ivey so cool?

Seriously.

When I go to sleep he's down below average in the $5k plo, and when I wake up and check the results he's busted four people and has 27% of the chips 10-handed.

And in my mind, this begs the question: Is there a limit to Phil Ivey's awesomeness? Would he have seventy five bracelets now, but for the fact that the prospect of this sort of dominance bores him? Is it disrespectful to even have a Main Event, thereby running the risk of giving first prize to somebody else? And if he wanted to, could Phil Ivey make small pocket pairs hold up more often against overcards?

That's all. Excuse me while I go question my sexuality.

Hold'me 06-28-2005 10:20 AM

Re: Why is Phil Ivey so cool?

Point being?

phil_ivey_fan 06-28-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

he truly is a remarkable player. I love how he f'd up that michael-nobody (the LA player) on the WPT a couple days ago. The kid was str8 up scared of him.

Michael's Inner Monologue: "fold, please fold. oh god please fold. please please please fold."
Phil: "I'm all in"
Michael: <trying as hard as he can to clear the rock in his throat> "how (quiver) how much?"

LOL. phil's a bad ass.

TomHimself 06-28-2005 01:47 PM

phils a gangsta lol

bobman0330 06-28-2005 01:53 PM

I concur.

He's on my fantasy team.

RicktheRuler 06-28-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously.

When I go to sleep he's down below average in the $5k plo, and when I wake up and check the results he's busted four people and has 27% of the chips 10-handed.

And in my mind, this begs the question: Is there a limit to Phil Ivey's awesomeness? Would he have seventy five bracelets now, but for the fact that the prospect of this sort of dominance bores him? Is it disrespectful to even have a Main Event, thereby running the risk of giving first prize to somebody else? And if he wanted to, could Phil Ivey make small pocket pairs hold up more often against overcards?

That's all. Excuse me while I go question my sexuality.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does Phil taste like?

7n7 06-28-2005 02:36 PM

Alas our Superman does have his kryptonite:

AQ

Indiana 06-28-2005 05:49 PM

He's just got it like that...He's cool because he knows how to keep his mouth shut and pay attention to what's going on around him...Not to mention that he has good taste in clothes...Dude is chillin in dat rockport chit up in da big game...He's da man.

I suck, Indy

Autocratic 06-28-2005 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

he truly is a remarkable player. I love how he f'd up that michael-nobody (the LA player) on the WPT a couple days ago. The kid was str8 up scared of him.

Michael's Inner Monologue: "fold, please fold. oh god please fold. please please please fold."
Michael: <trying as hard as he can to clear the rock in his throat> "how (quiver) how much?"

LOL. phil's a bad ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which WPT was this? I want to find the torrent.

homicide 06-28-2005 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. phil's a bad ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which WPT was this? I want to find the torrent.

[/ QUOTE ]

episode 15 from last week.