Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A9o question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339466)

Online247 09-18-2005 04:58 PM

A9o question

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero???

Well I called the flop with TP and a backdoor flush draw. Now on the turn the original bettor slowed down and checked while MP3 decides to fire out a bullet.

I don't know what to do because UTG+1 has limped with QQ's before and slowplayed them to river against my Jacks where he suddenly decided to c/r on a raggedy board. So in other words his postflop is funky and he's a sandbagger and aggresive.

I have no reads on MP3.

With that what would be the best line here?

NateDog 09-18-2005 05:08 PM

Re: A9o question

Raise the flop. Bet the turn, after it's checked to you.

Online247 09-18-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And pump up the pot (equity) for those with OESD and flush draws?

09-18-2005 05:15 PM

I fold this preflop. I'm not sure about the flop. As played I think I raise the turn, protecting my hand and taking a free showdown, though I'd like to here what everyone thinks.

scotty34 09-18-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of an odd concept here, but do you realize that more than one person can "make money" in a single hand?

Edit - not to say I necessarily agree with raising this flop

09-18-2005 05:21 PM

I raise this flop and bet the turn. The river I will probably check down.

bozlax 09-18-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this preflop. I'm not sure about the flop. As played I think I raise the turn, protecting my hand and taking a free showdown, though I'd like to here what everyone thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A flop raise doesn't protect against a flush draw or OESD. If 3-bet on the turn call and check/fold the river UI.

bozlax 09-18-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise this flop and bet the turn. The river I will probably check down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...why?

09-18-2005 05:28 PM

Free card play on the flop. I bet the turn to hopefully get to check the river. I will fold the turn to a reraise if I dont have a flush draw.

NateDog 09-18-2005 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These hands are going to have odds to draw no matter what you do. Even a flop raise is offering SB 5:1. (Though it faces him with 2 cold, and he may fold. Same goes for BB) The problem with getting involved in a multiway pot with a trash hand like A9o is exactly what you've encountered here. You don't know where you stand, and it may be expensive to get to showdown.

The way you played it, you can raise MP3's turn bet, and fold out SB/BB. Check behind on the river UI.