Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Saturday Night Fights... BHop V Taylor (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390779)

20Five 12-03-2005 09:20 PM

Saturday Night Fights... BHop V Taylor

Where is everyone riding on this fight??

Going to my buddies in a bit to watch it.. like Hopkins much more as a fighter then I do Jermaine, so I bet both Hopkins by decision and Hopkins by KO/TKO.. either way is fine I'll be up about 5 units..

The more I read up on this one Im doubting my bet, but its basically just "win for some money to blow at the bar afterwards, or lose with the intention of getting [censored] up afterwards" play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

aka win-win situation [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Spook 12-03-2005 10:51 PM

Re: Saturday Night Fights... BHop V Taylor

as long as you know it is a bad bet.... it is a good bet

12-03-2005 11:43 PM

My moneys on Taylor. Last time it was on Hopkins. I think Taylor will be better this time and he's just too much younger and stronger the BHop. But I do hate to bet against old age and guile...

12-04-2005 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is everyone riding on this fight??

Going to my buddies in a bit to watch it.. like Hopkins much more as a fighter then I do Jermaine, so I bet both Hopkins by decision and Hopkins by KO/TKO.. either way is fine I'll be up about 5 units..

The more I read up on this one Im doubting my bet, but its basically just "win for some money to blow at the bar afterwards, or lose with the intention of getting [censored] up afterwards" play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

aka win-win situation [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't get a chance to watch it. How'd the fight go?

Recliner 12-04-2005 06:30 AM

Taylor by decision

Indiana 12-04-2005 09:28 AM

I started a thread about this a week ago that nobody was interested in. I picked Taylor back when the line was good.

Indy

Easy E 12-04-2005 09:41 AM

Nice call- I was going to go with your pick, but I got homer disease and didn't want to bet against Hopkins (rooting interest).

What's your record on 2+2 fight picks now, Indiana? It seems pretty high.

Indiana 12-04-2005 10:59 AM

On 2+2 its something like 64%, but overall its something like 70%. It was really high for awhile but I missed a couple recently including Kostya and the Gatti over. I grew up in a boxing fanatic family so I've been around the game forever. I even boxed as a young kid but as a slow white boy with nothing to fight for I turned to wrestling in high school and it never materialized.

Indy

20Five 12-04-2005 09:40 PM

what a disappointing fight.. so much hype and so little action.. didnt mind losing the bet because last night was a real meltdown.. a fun time for sure.

seriously though, that fight sucked.. total snoozer.

J_Treez 12-05-2005 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started a thread about this a week ago that nobody was interested in. I picked Taylor back when the line was good.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that thread spurred me to research the fight and bet Taylor at -105. So thanks.