Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dr. Phil today (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320464)

Hal 2000 08-22-2005 03:38 PM

Dr. Phil today

If it's on your time zone now, turn it on, if later, tune in; online poker player featured.

Drizztdj 08-22-2005 03:50 PM

Re: Dr. Phil today

Is the player 12 years old and plays 16 games all at once?

SoftcoreRevolt 08-22-2005 04:26 PM

Son, I hope you realize that online poker is gambling, and that you cannot win when gambling. The house always wins son, and that means you lose.

LetYouDown 08-22-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Son, I hope you realize that online poker is gambling, and that you cannot win when gambling. The house always wins son, and that means you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did he actually say that or is that an attempt at humor?

Jack Bando 08-22-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did he actually say that or is that an attempt at humor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Attempt at humor, I chuckled.

I hate online players like this guy on Dr. Phil. "Phil Ivey wipes with 100's, 500's if he had chili. IF I PLAY ON TEH INTARNET WITH MY KREDIT CARD, I CAN PLAY THE 10/20 GAMES AND LIVE ON MY OWN ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!"

The donk doesn't even keep records!!! "I think I've put in around 12K" (He doesn't know....?) "It isn't gambling." (It's not, for him it's losing)

08-22-2005 05:52 PM

I hate to sound paranoid, but this is the kind of thing that starts small. One idiot talking about poker and his wife complaining about how it ruined their life. Little negative stories. Eventually Ed Bradley will have a full lineup of degenerates who's lives were ruined by poker, then complete media outrage, then your senators get involved. The reformers are coming, poker on the internet is about to be legislated out of existence. I saw it happen with cigarrettes,lawn darts, ATV's and countless other leisure activities. They are going to protect you from yourself.

TheBob 08-22-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it happen with cigarrettes,lawn darts, ATV's and countless other leisure activities. They are going to protect you from yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya cause nobody smokes anymore...

woodguy 08-22-2005 06:16 PM

I think the gaming industry might have a little bit more $$$ for lobbyists and political contributions than the lawn dart industry did.

Regards,
Woodguy

lozen 08-22-2005 06:16 PM

No records you have no chance.

Curious why no questions like How many tourneys have you won, or placed in the money. THis guy probaly has never read a poker book.

flo 08-22-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to sound paranoid, but this is the kind of thing that starts small. One idiot talking about poker and his wife complaining about how it ruined their life. Little negative stories. Eventually Ed Bradley will have a full lineup of degenerates who's lives were ruined by poker, then complete media outrage, then your senators get involved. The reformers are coming, poker on the internet is about to be legislated out of existence. I saw it happen with cigarrettes,lawn darts, ATV's and countless other leisure activities. They are going to protect you from yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude when someone smokes besides me, he damages my health. Smoking should be banned in every public place. Every. All over the world. You can't compare smoking and playing poker, and it's not close.
You made a valid point with that little negative stories tough.