Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Did Phil Ivey implode..?Final table ESPN circuit event Take Tahoe (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311748)

Blackdirt12 08-10-2005 05:31 AM

Re: Did Phil Ivey implode..?Final table ESPN circuit event Take Tahoe

Do you ever play freeze outs with your friends? Where maybe two or three of you know what you're doing and the other six don't? It always comes down to one of the guys who knows how to play vs. one of the guys who can't. And the guy who can play prods at the guy who can't, and if the donk doesn't roll over the player starts to get the look Phil Ivey had. Everyone else is outside getting drunk and laughing and this
donk keeps falling out of trouble. Pretty soon you don't care who wins and you just want to be done with it.

Sluss 08-10-2005 07:08 AM

If I remember corectly there was a huge snowstorm outside and the Mirage WPT was starting the next day. Plus, the PPT was finishing up and there would be a Big Game that night. Looked like Phil was just itching to get back to Vegas.

Of course that could have been the 120th hand of heads-up, with how absolutely crappy ESPN's coverage has been I fade in and out.

TomHimself 08-10-2005 07:11 AM

yea supposedly they played heads up for a long time, cant remember the exact duration [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Shaun 08-10-2005 07:28 AM

I honestly think he could care less about the money and just got tired. The guy is a gambler and plays/bets high enough so that the prize money was probably not a big deal to him and he just decided to take chances.

Kevmath 08-10-2005 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea supposedly they played heads up for a long time, cant remember the exact duration [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Nolan Dalla's report, the final table went 12:20, heads-up was about 3 hours.

Phil2 08-10-2005 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think he could care less about the money and just got tired. The guy is a gambler and plays/bets high enough so that the prize money was probably not a big deal to him and he just decided to take chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this...I read that he finds multi-day tournaments "boring" and he gets distracted by the juicy side action...that he could make more in those cash games than the 1st place cash...if that is true why does he play in these things? Television / Full Tilt etc?

wpr101 08-10-2005 10:44 AM

If he really was bored or whatever/didn't feel like playing anymore then why not just leave and move up the money while other people bust out? Obviously nobodys going to do that though.

jba 08-10-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with this...I read that he finds multi-day tournaments "boring" and he gets distracted by the juicy side action...that he could make more in those cash games than the 1st place cash...if that is true why does he play in these things? Television / Full Tilt etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

groupies

08-10-2005 12:11 PM

I was hoping ESPN would give more time to this heads up matchup than they did because it was a 3 hour or so battle. ESPN makes it look like Ivey just didn't care and blew 3 big hands right away. Sadly for Ivey he didn't have the Henry Tran/Danny Nyugen magic on those draws.

Yeti 08-10-2005 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a thing for the masseuse.