Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KK, just a question of when to give up (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369013)

felix83 10-31-2005 03:31 PM

KK, just a question of when to give up

Not sure if the bet on the turn was worthwhile, or if I should have just stopped there. Both weer loose passive, 30+/9/1 over about 100 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

10-31-2005 03:33 PM

Re: KK, just a question of when to give up

I would bet/fold the river. You're going to get bluffed out a lot of times by check/folding a 4 flush board.

10-31-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet/fold the river. You're going to get bluffed out a lot of times by check/folding a 4 flush board.

[/ QUOTE ]

By this logic, wouldn't you want to induce these bluffs that will occur a lot of the time? In this hand, I see myself calling should UTG+1 decide to fold. You can't overcall in this situation. What non-heart hands (that you beat) are calling you here if you bet the river?

To the OP: I think the river was played well, if you were intending to check/call.

@bsolute_luck 10-31-2005 03:59 PM

HU i'd call, but i can't overcall that river.

aargh57 10-31-2005 04:02 PM

I'm gonna say you made a good fold. With UTG+1 already calling it doesn't look like you're going to win. I would've tried a check/raise on the flop though.

aargh57 10-31-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By this logic, wouldn't you want to induce these bluffs that will occur a lot of the time? In this hand, I see myself calling should UTG+1 decide to fold. You can't overcall in this situation. What non-heart hands (that you beat) are calling you here if you bet the river?

To the OP: I think the river was played well, if you were intending to check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that inducing the bluff is the same thing. A bet here could make a small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fold but I think that it's too easy for you're opponents to bet a 1 card flush when you check it. I'm not saying this is a great place for a bluff but I can't see inducing a bluff here.

10-31-2005 04:07 PM

Sorry I didn't notice that we would be overcalling here.