Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   How long before someone starts selling PT databases? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174367)

steamboatin 01-10-2005 01:15 PM

How long before someone starts selling PT databases?

I understand why someone wouldn't sell their played hands database but now that observed hands are available, will someone data mine a few 100,000 hands an offer them for sale?

ErrantNight 01-10-2005 02:24 PM

Re: How long before someone starts selling PT databases?

doubtful. there's already people willing to give away 100,000 hand data-mined databases.

i know, i got me one.

ask around, nice people are out there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

krishanleong 01-10-2005 04:09 PM

I might try. I've been thinking about it. It seems like it might be worthwhile for the 15/30 PP game.

Krishan

IzMan 01-10-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doubtful. there's already people willing to give away 100,000 hand data-mined databases.

i know, i got me one.

ask around, nice people are out there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<hand shoots into the air> Oooo! Ooooo! I'd like one! me! me! Please??? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Iz
IzManV@yahoo.com

daveymck 01-10-2005 04:32 PM

Someone already is, well datamined hands anyway. Theres a company doing it, cant remeber who or how much but I am sure if you search hard enough you might find it.

steamboatin 01-10-2005 07:02 PM

There is one that charges you a monthly subscription.

Crix 01-10-2005 09:38 PM

PokerEdge has about 300,000 players in thier database. You pay a monthly subscription and get real time display of: Hands played,VP$IP, Pre-flop raise%, Post flop aggression, Flops seen, turns seen, rivers seen, showdowns seen and % won at showdown. You also get a breakdown of each of these at flop, turn and river. You can also see the last 8 or so showdowns the player has been in and what the result was.

In addition, you can set perameters that display each of the players at the table in either red, green or black to indicate how they play. Oh yea, and you can multi-table up to 4 tables with it.

This product was so-so before the last upgrade, but now I think it's worth the while having. I've not come across too many players on Party that it didn't have a pretty good database on... usually at least 500-1000 hands of info.

KaBoom 01-11-2005 02:58 AM

Looks interesting. For 10 bucks a farm of computers datamines for you night and day. Too bad stats aren't available in GT+ or playerview.

steamboatin 01-11-2005 10:48 AM

One of the computers in the farm will be yours.

Twitch1977 01-11-2005 10:58 AM

This will become a lot more prevalent if Poker Tracker ever starts supporting Postgres or MySQL/SQL databases.

Right now the access style database format that they use is really limiting to the number of hands it can hold and still perform at a decent speed, a SQL database running on a half decent machine isn't nearly as impacted by such limitations and would be able to hold literally millions of hand histories before showing any signs of slowdown.

Plus MySQL databases would allow multiple machines to access and make changes to the database at a time so theoretcially you and a group of friends could set up one database and all share and use it at the same time.

I think if this happens we'll start seeing subscription based poker tracker databases. Either way I hope they hurry up and get that SQL support into Poker Tracker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

T