Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   QQ.....what's the plan? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398214)

12-14-2005 09:34 AM

QQ.....what\'s the plan?

First hand, no reads or stats on any player (in the hand).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 players) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="green"> Hero ?? </font>

And what's the plan for the turn?

TimsterToo 12-14-2005 09:50 AM

Re: QQ.....what\'s the plan?

Without reads or stats very hard.

I think that it is a fold as the only thing that will save you is probably a full house. My idea is that your pair is beaten as well as your possible flush.

To be honest I might have called it down just to be sure but it would be a leak. The info would have helped you greatly though from then on... Choices choices.

spydog 12-14-2005 10:09 AM

3-bets and leads the turn. If capped on the flop then lead any non-King, non-Ace turn and call down a raise.

SnglMaltScotch 12-14-2005 10:25 AM

I would call and C/R any non A,K,Club turn.

I put button on the Ac and CO with Jx.

IMHO, 3betting is spewing a bit since so many turn cards are bad and no one if folding.

12-14-2005 10:46 AM

Limp reraising on the button is pretty strange... what a confusing move. Anyway I'm 3-betting this, calling a cap and leading the turn. If I get raised after leading the turn I call down. Against unknowns I'm not folding this hand as it stands.

crunchy1 12-14-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call and C/R any non A,K,Club turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
This statement seems to make the assumption that we have the best hand on the flop. Obviously we can't be 100% certain - but I think the large percentage of the time we're still ahead on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, 3betting is spewing a bit since so many turn cards are bad and no one if folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're assuming that we're ahead on the flop than 3-betting is certainly not spewing. It's gaining value from the hands drawing against us. Which - by the way - will likely continue to draw on the flop and on the turn regardless of how many bets it's going to cost them.

We've got an overpair and a draw to the 3rd nut flush. Against a LP limper and an LP LRR - I think we're in pretty good shape.

Fat Nicky 12-14-2005 12:30 PM

We're certainly not folding so the flop decision is between calling and 3-betting.

The biggest problem of this hand is that we have no reads and we have no idea what buttons limp-reraise could be. The CO is also a mystery. I would really like to get to showdown as cheaply as possible, so, I like just calling the flop and checking the turn to see was CO and Button do. This might be the weakest way to play the hand, but I think it's best given the circumstances.

BWebb 12-14-2005 01:55 PM

I think the button's limp-reraise means he is moran, I don't see this being a big hand. I'd probably call and donk the turn because:

1) I don't want to go into calldown mode just yet, as I think we have the best hand here quite often.
2) I'm getting this hand to showdown pretty much always, unless the action gets insane on the turn.
3) I don't want to check the turn and risk the free card.

3-betting the flop is also a possibility, but it could end up costing us more to get to showdown.

TheHip41 12-14-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads or stats very hard.

I think that it is a fold as the only thing that will save you is probably a full house. My idea is that your pair is beaten as well as your possible flush.

To be honest I might have called it down just to be sure but it would be a leak. The info would have helped you greatly though from then on... Choices choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is super weak. If the button had a real hand, he would have raised the first time around. The CO could bet raising a flush, a single [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], which might be smaller than a Q. two pair, one pair, or the naked A.

I'm 3-betting this flop, if it's capped, I'm in calldown mode unless I improve.

The thought of folding this flop is absurd.

Fat Nicky 12-14-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the button's limp-reraise means he is moran, I don't see this being a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying that the limp-raise wasn't a really dumb play, but to just dismiss the fact that this could be a big hand is also not so smart.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably call and donk the turn because:

1) I don't want to go into calldown mode just yet, as I think we have the best hand here quite often.
2) I'm getting this hand to showdown pretty much always, unless the action gets insane on the turn.
3) I don't want to check the turn and risk the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like donking the turn in the absence of our flush draw. If we bet the turn and get raised (which is quite likely based on the action of the hand) we can be pretty sure we are drawing, and maybe not even drawing to the best hand. At this point we are charging ourselves even more to draw.