Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Presents (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360486)

Klepton 10-18-2005 10:28 PM

Presents

I'll take serious and funny answers, but funnier ones are funnier.

answer any or all

Q: What is the best/worst way someone gave you a present?

Q: If you could tell your boyfriend/girlfriend what you really wanted, what would it be?

Q: What’s the best/worst present you got?

Q: What did you want when you were a kid that your parent’s never bought you?

Q: In your opinion, what do you think the best/worst thing to personalize would be?

kyro 10-18-2005 10:44 PM

Re: Presents

Best present ever: SNES when I was like 10 for xmas. I had wanted one for so long and never expected to get one. My parents surprised me. I actually started to cry.

Two years ago I tried convincing my now ex-girlfriend to give me a BJ while I played counterstrike for my birthday. That never happened...

RunDownHouse 10-18-2005 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best present ever: SNES when I was like 10 for xmas.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the one thing I would have loved to get as a kid and never did (well, an NES, not SNES). My parents absolutely refused, although I'd get computer games. I actually saved up for a long time to be able to afford a Sega Genesis.

Never receiving an NES wasn't a useful character-building experience in particular; it was the general atmosphere of denial that I think was healthy. When my parents told me "No," that was it, and there was no use being a brat about it. It seems like parents today are too quick to coddle their kids.

Sorry for the tangent.

kyro 10-18-2005 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best present ever: SNES when I was like 10 for xmas.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the one thing I would have loved to get as a kid and never did (well, an NES, not SNES). My parents absolutely refused, although I'd get computer games. I actually saved up for a long time to be able to afford a Sega Genesis.

Never receiving an NES wasn't a useful character-building experience in particular; it was the general atmosphere of denial that I think was healthy. When my parents told me "No," that was it, and there was no use being a brat about it. It seems like parents today are too quick to coddle their kids.

Sorry for the tangent.

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents were the exact opposite of "coddling." My family was always very well off and yet I had half the toys all my friends had. I know you weren't speaking to me directly, but I felt the need to defend them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Los Feliz Slim 10-18-2005 10:57 PM

Worst present I ever got, quality-wise, was from a client who gave me the wierdest light blue patterned silk socks. I began at this time to suspect she was taking drugs.

When I was a child, I wanted one of those battery-operated cars that a little kid could drive around in. I bet I asked for one every year for five or six years. Never got it.

If she wants one when she's old enough, I'm buying my daughter the biggest, fanciest, kid-car I can find.

maryfield48 10-18-2005 11:30 PM

Q: What is the best/worst way you gave someone a present?

Slit the cellophane wrapper on the bottom of a cigarette pack, slide the pack out, and replace the cigarettes with a pair of earrings. A little stuffing to prevent rattling, slide the pack back into the cellophane, scotch tape, and unless someone knows it's been tampered with they'll never be able to tell. I used that one Xmas for my wife. When she unwrapped the present and saw a pack of cigarettes, she rummaged around looking to see if there was anything else there, like maybe a nice lighter. I had to prompt her to open the pack up.

Asufiji2004 10-18-2005 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take serious and funny answers, but funnier ones are funnier.

answer any or all

Q: What is the best/worst way someone gave you a present?
Right before she broke up with me
Q: If you could tell your boyfriend/girlfriend what you really wanted, what would it be?
swallow just 1 time pah--lease!
Q: What’s the best/worst present you got?
Sega Genesis with Sonic and Altered Beast for my 11th birthday
Sega Gamegear ( I asked for 3 years in a row)
Q: In your opinion, what do you think the best/worst thing to personalize would be?
BEST: Condoms WORST: Towels

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34 10-19-2005 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/uss...lagg_title.jpg

siccjay 10-19-2005 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/uss...lagg_title.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I wanted that SO BAD.

I only got to see it once, a friend had one but we had already grown out of GI Joes.

siccjay 10-19-2005 12:17 AM

Worst present I ever got was a big ass box of sticks. I thought it was a TV. Bastards.