Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Do you play along to keep the table happy? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330782)

Mano 09-06-2005 12:15 PM

Do you play along to keep the table happy?

So I was at the Wynn yesterday, and get seated at a 4/8 game where a loud guy and a bunch of his buddies are playing. He informs me that this is a "friendly" table, and whenever someone wins a showdown they are to throw the loser a buck back (he would also give people grief if they tipped "only" $1 if they won a pot of any reasonable size). The game was good, and everyone at the table seemed to be having a good time. Do you play along to keep everyone in a good mood, or refuse and risk souring the mood?

PotatoStew 09-06-2005 12:23 PM

Re: Do you play along to keep the table happy?

Suggest that his policy is too meanspirited, and that you think the winner should split the pot with the loser. That would be the truly friendly thing to do. Giving the loser only a dollar is just stingy.

Al_Capone_Junior 09-06-2005 01:14 PM

You play along with them, and it's not even close. And if you don't, I have the drunk guys page me at home so I can kick you square in the nuts.

al

MicroBob 09-06-2005 01:19 PM

If that's what everyone else is doing then you should probably do it too to keep everyone happy (at least I would).
It's only a buck....it keeps the game loose and friendly and keeps you from coming off as a silly nit.

Randy_Refeld 09-06-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.it keeps the game loose and friendly and keeps you from coming off as a silly nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention it is +EV (unless you are getting in there and winning more pots than the drunks).

Mano 09-06-2005 05:53 PM

Well, the consensus seems to be to play along, which is what I did. The guy that was pushing the rule seemed to play quite a bit tighter than his buddies, so it seemed that he may have been pushing it to benefit himself, but I wasn't about to try and educate the table. Thanks for the responses.

TripleH68 09-06-2005 06:02 PM

Please help me as to what happens when four players see the showdown?

Ain't no $3 leaving my pot!

BillD 09-06-2005 06:11 PM

This does violate the one person to a hand rule and is a form of collusion. I was at the Borata 20/40 game Saturday and my neighbor suggested a red chip kickback. We looked at him sort of strangely.

As for as tipping goes, use your best judgement. I've never had a dealer refuse a $1 tip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BigBaitsim (milo) 09-06-2005 08:23 PM

Play along.

TakeMeToTheRiver 09-06-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This does violate the one person to a hand rule and is a form of collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?