Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I'm looking for a new bank (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300462)

PoBoy321 07-25-2005 09:42 PM

I\'m looking for a new bank

So for as long as I can remember, I've had bank accounts with Chase, but lately, they've just sucked, and I've had problems with every deposit and withdrawal I've made and I wanna switch banks. What bank do you guys use and would you suggest that I switch to them for my checking/savings accounts?

jakethebake 07-25-2005 09:43 PM

Re: I\'m looking for a new bank

where are you located?

x2ski 07-25-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So for as long as I can remember, I've had bank accounts with Chase, but lately, they've just sucked, and I've had problems with every deposit and withdrawal I've made and I wanna switch banks. What bank do you guys use and would you suggest that I switch to them for my checking/savings accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use E*TRADE Bank and am very satisfied with them.

There are E*TRADE ATMs all over the place, and if you carry a high enough balance ($5k I think), you can hit up any ATM you want fee-free.

Also, they have deposit bonuses lol.

The only downside is they don't offer auto loans. Mortgage and RV/boat loans, but no auto loans.

Neteller hits them in about 2 days, and the online interface is sweet too.

And if you invest in the market, CDs, mutual funds, whatever, it's one-stop shopping.

PoBoy321 07-25-2005 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where are you located?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of my problem. During the school year I'm in DC and during the summer I'm in New Jersey, so I kind of want a more national bank.

MrTrik 07-25-2005 10:03 PM

I've been with Wells Fargo forever. Never had an issue with them at all.

pokerdirty 07-25-2005 10:03 PM

Bank of America/Wash. Mutual/HSBC?

I live in NYC and Chase is GOD. They are everywhere.

PoBoy321 07-25-2005 10:12 PM

Yeah, I'm from Jersey and Chase is great because they've got ATMs all over the place, but I just haven't been satisfied with their service lately. I'm kind of debating between whether I should switch to Bank of america or Washington Mutual
I've heard that WM is better, but BoA is much more widely available.

deacsoft 07-25-2005 10:14 PM

Neteller is my only bank these days.

Bluffoon 07-25-2005 10:16 PM

Citibank is awesome. I do alot of business with them professionally and I have banked with htem personally for years. Great technology and service. They will not,however, under any circumstances allow a charge to a poker website.

Cubswin 07-25-2005 10:25 PM

are you just looking for a bank for checking?