Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ethical situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292986)

microbet 07-14-2005 10:57 PM

Re: Ethical situation

Well, you can't just let the blinds get higher and higher, but if it were HU and there were a mechanism to pause the game, I would do it; if it weren't too inconvenient. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

runner4life7 07-14-2005 10:58 PM

thast funny, I just had a guy disconnect when i had about 7000 to 1000ish, got him down to 25 before he was all in. It was a nice easy 1st.

ilya 07-15-2005 12:16 AM

I don't know if I think YOU should do this -- that's for your conscience to decide -- but I tend to use my time bank in these situations to give the guy a chance to reconnect. But I wouldn't do it for everyone. E.g., if the guy had been really rude and obnoxious, I would be much more likely to rob him mercilessly.

johnnybeef 07-15-2005 12:20 AM

Absolutely, it is an edge to push....and lord knows it has happened to me.

johnnybeef 07-15-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
karma's a bitch.

The Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

to hell with kharma, this is an edge. think about in a live tournament when someone doesnt show up after a break. if he is on my left you can bet your ass that im gonna raise every time it is folded to me.

curtains 07-15-2005 02:31 AM

You are helping your opponent by taking all their chips. Maybe theyll figure out to get a reliable internet connection or to always have a backup. When my internet was shaky and I had no backup, I stopped playing for a week until everything was back to normal.

Theres no reason I should have to stop playing whenever I have internet problems but be kind and gentle to all those that do and whom don't spend the same money per month that I do on internet connections.

gumpzilla 07-15-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Theres no reason I should have to stop playing whenever I have internet problems but be kind and gentle to all those that do and whom don't spend the same money per month that I do on internet connections.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, obviously, you don't HAVE to stop playing whenever you have internet problems. Also, there are occasionally occurrence where recurrent internet problems aren't at fault. I recently had a power outage when a thunderstorm blew in a couple of miles away while I was in the middle of some games. While I don't think you're obligated to try and wait the other person out - when put in this position in the past I've tended to just go for it as well - it's certainly not very sporting to do otherwise.

There have been a couple of situations in the WSOP ME where people have been away from the table, either because of a misunderstanding or a penalty, and some players have tried to stall to keep them in it. What do you think of such behavior?

Apathy 07-15-2005 03:10 AM

it is definetly ok to steal at will.

Once I folded to a disconnected player 3 handed to screw over the other guy who thought "we" would bust him and play HU... I don't ever collude, so I felt the only thing that would be right to do was to bust him and play the disconnected dude HU.

HEHE, sucker.

johnnybeef 07-15-2005 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Once I folded to a disconnected player 3 handed to screw over the other guy who thought "we" would bust him and play HU... I don't ever collude, so I felt the only thing that would be right to do was to bust him and play the disconnected dude HU.

HEHE, sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is one of the coolest things i have read in a while...nh apathy.

EricW 07-15-2005 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

HEHE, sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!

That's just gold.