Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I know the pot's huge, but... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249976)

Kurn, son of Mogh 05-11-2005 09:36 AM

I know the pot\'s huge, but...

Party 3/6, I've been here 15 minutes, no real reads yet.

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button.

UTG limps, EP 2 folds, EP3 limps, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, MP 3 folds, CO calls, I call, blinds fold, UTG 3-bets, EP3 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, I cap, all call. 4 see the flop for 18 sb.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP2 raises, CO folds, I 3-bet, UTG caps, all call. 3 to the turn for 14 bb after the rake.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP2 calls, I raise, both call. (20 bb)

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP2 raises, I........???

Ugly card, huge pot, 10.5:1 but I do not close the action.

Comments on all streets appreciated. Results later.

chief444 05-11-2005 09:41 AM

Re: I know the pot\'s huge, but...

I think you're usually ahead of UTG. Probably like 85% of the time or so.

I think you're usually behind MP2's Q's full on the river.

I'd cold call and fold only to a cap. I think you'll see two worse hands or possibly even a split enough here to call profitably.

PokerBob 05-11-2005 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 3/6, I've been here 15 minutes, no real reads yet.

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button.

UTG limps, EP 2 folds, EP3 limps, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, MP 3 folds, CO calls, I call, blinds fold, UTG 3-bets, EP3 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, I cap, all call. 4 see the flop for 18 sb.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP2 raises, CO folds, I 3-bet, UTG caps, all call. 3 to the turn for 14 bb after the rake.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP2 calls, I raise, both call. (20 bb)

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP2 raises, I........???

Ugly card, huge pot, 10.5:1 but I do not close the action.

Comments on all streets appreciated. Results later.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG could have anything, but the fact that he keeps firing makes me think he has AA-KK. Mp2 played his hand like he has QQ. Maybe AK. I'm glad I'm not you. I think I'd call, as folding the winner would likely make me kill myself. That said, I don't think YHIG.

27offsooot 05-11-2005 09:48 AM

Call. What is up with the PF cap?

chief444 05-11-2005 09:56 AM

I completely misread the preflop action. I thought OP called a cap from MP2. I don't like the preflop cap either. But that makes this a very easy river call, IMO.

PokerBob 05-11-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a big hand that plays well mulit-way. I don't cap here, but I don't think it is a bad play.

crunchy1 05-11-2005 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Hero's close to enough equity to make the PF cap (with premium position being a factor as well). I like it A LOT better if EP limper was still in there. With only 3 others (2 of them being raisers) I think I call. The PF cap isn't likely buying you a free look at the turn. If it's the kind of flop where it would get you the free card you probably didn't want/need it anyways.

Kurn, son of Mogh 05-11-2005 10:16 AM

I have a hand that plays well in a monster pot, *and* I have position. I cap here to give myself some chance to control the action on later streets if the board is ragged with a draw.

chief444 05-11-2005 10:20 AM

What hand doesn't play well in a monster pot? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You're position is not necessarily a reason to cap. Throw in another opponent or two and I'd like it.

After 15 minutes of play here surely you had some read on UTG that probably should have been included. If he appears passive then I think the pf cap is bad as you're usually against AA or KK. If he seems to be an idiot then I like it more.

27offsooot 05-11-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he appears passive then I think the pf cap is bad as you're usually against AA or KK. If he seems to be an idiot then I like it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. Your hand plays well multi-way, but not when AA is a likely hand for one of your opponents.