Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Official" Live at the Bike thread (12/14) (25/50 NL) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398612)

spsurfin_Michael 12-15-2005 01:05 AM

Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/14) (25/50 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
her strategy for playing AAAx or AAxx is correct just doesn't hold water to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This not what she said--You have taken her comment out of context. Geesh

12-15-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the "secret" omaha talk.
I'm sure nobody else has ever looked into omaha before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not, well at least according to pokerbabe.

spsurfin_Michael 12-15-2005 01:07 AM

What Shirley said is she will raise when she has AAA2 suited or AAABrodway suited pre-flop.

12-15-2005 01:45 AM

I'm only bloated because it is that time of the month. What is your excuse for being a retarded douechbag who couldn't handle himeself in a poker game unless his hands were on his cock. Have a nice day.

elmo 12-15-2005 01:45 AM

I was under the impression that they are rerunning episodes now, but I can't figure out where this is

elmo 12-15-2005 01:48 AM

when i go to webcasts i get the stupid preview clip instead of the rebroadcast

elmo 12-15-2005 01:52 AM

er they dont start till 1 EST, my bad [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

12-15-2005 02:08 AM

Interesting night....

Thanks for watching. It's always easy to be critical of someone else's play - for us here in the booth and for you at home. As for my play tonight, I appreciate the criticism.
I always say, the wonderful thing about poker is that you'll never stop learning. I've learned alot tonight. I had a read on Simon, but unfortunately didn't follow through with my instincts. I had put him on a draw...either Q/10, clubs or hearts. My instinct told me ace high was good - but I guess I didn't have the balls to put $1500 in.
Bart, shirley and I put ourselves on the line every day. By commentating, we open ourselves up to criticism. And obviously by playing, we definitely open ourselves up. My play tonight - and I will watch it later - might have seemed somewhat passive. Well, that's how I knew my opponents perceived me. I knew the players would continue to try and bluff me all night long. I didn't mind that. To me, as long as I'm aware of how my opponents see me, I should be okay. My plan was to play along with them - appear passive and then get some big hands and have them bluff into my nuts. Unfortunately I didn't get too many big hands. A/J - flopping a full house worked well. I got Vic to bluff $1800 off.
As for raising on the button with 8/7 or 4/6 and getting re-raised. I suppose I could have called and tried to out flop them...but I knew I was behind and with only about $4000 left, I didn't think I had enough money to make the implied odds worth it.
I know Avo was stealing my blinds left and right. I'm not going to risk $1500 just so that I can "take a stand" - it's a cash game, not a tournament.

Two hands that I regret and that I'll learn from are the hand where Simon bluffed me out and the hand where I had A/Q - right at the end of the show. I clearly could have taken the pot away from Vic. I actually thought A/Q might have been good - but still I should have bet the turn. Yes, lift up you skirt and strap on some Tuchman.

Hey, I'm not perfect. I do the best I can. Was this game a little out of my "comfort" zone? yes. I wanted to take a shot and maybe win some money and definitely learn a bit.
will I try again? Yes.
I thought it was about time I played in this game - like I said it's easy to be critical of someone else's play. Until you play high stakes no-limit hold'em, you don't really know how you'll play.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a private message. I'd really appreciate it.

spsurfin_Michael 12-15-2005 02:50 AM

Dave,

Poker is game of never ending new situations. Our mood, emotional status, cards, bankroll, players, etc. are constantly changing—poker is dynamic, not static. As a result, our need to adapt and learn will never end. In the end, our ability to adapt and learn is what will ultimately make us winning or losing players.

Winning or losing with class is in IMHO, the ultimate determination of a gentlemen or lady. Good sportsmanship is paramount if we want to be dignified and maintain or personal integrity.

We should not ever have to apologize for not living up to other’s expectations in terms of performance. If we try our best on each given night, then that is all that can be expected. No one will ever be successful each time they sit down to play and this is why we look at long term results. An apology should be reserved for when we act unprofessionally or personally attack another individual involved in the game (e.g. player, dealer, floor-man).

I have personally learned a great deal from watching this show and continually attempt to implement these concepts into my game. It is comforting to know that I have quality individuals like you, Shirley, Bart, Barry, Geoff, Russ, CW, and the many other regular posters on 2+2 to act as teachers and role models.

I guess the short version is, thank you for making yourself vulnerable to the comments of others so that we can learn from your experiences.

Now lets all have a group hug [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-15-2005 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...There's no reason to ever tell anyone about the rules in a poker room -- your average person is there to have fun, have a few drinks, a few laughs, and blow X hundred / thousand dollars. Why rules lawyer them? Do anything and everything you can to make the environment fun and frivolous...

That's at least how I see it...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

so true, so very true!!