Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Official" Live at the Bike thread (12/7) (50/100 NL) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393756)

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 11:08 PM

Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/7) (50/100 NL)

jays been playing pretty well, oops

cwsiggy 12-07-2005 11:08 PM

Damn Shirley how is (Ah 7c 8h As) a good hand in Omaha? (I am just learning this game but still... I thought those middle cards suck balls (I do realize you ae suited to the ace and hav e apair of aces, but no low protection at all. hmmmmmm

never mind - I see you said you were pushing the envelope with this hand

Russ McGinley 12-07-2005 11:08 PM

Except Ed didn't win the pot, Jay did. And like Corona said, after Barry called him the worst player ever, I don't think he'll be chopping with him anytime soon.

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was that an angle shoot by Ed? Declaring his hand wrong and getting the others to muck?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this playing 15/30 in Vegas but I was drunk as [censored] and it was 4am,; as an honorable thing I offerred a chopped pot, that's the least Ed could have done.

[/ QUOTE ]
ed didnt get the pot or did i miss something?

12-07-2005 11:09 PM

but ed didnt even win it at that point jay took the hand down and barry just called him the worst player ever

surfinillini 12-07-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was that an angle shoot by Ed? Declaring his hand wrong and getting the others to muck?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this playing 15/30 in Vegas but I was drunk as [censored] and it was 4am,; as an honorable thing I offerred a chopped pot, that's the least Ed could have done.

[/ QUOTE ]
ed didnt get the pot or did i miss something?

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, I thought ed got it...I guess it was Jay...either way, I just said what I did as an example...

12-07-2005 11:11 PM

Re: Bart Hanson was wrong last night ......

Post deleted- Dids

Russ McGinley 12-07-2005 11:12 PM

LOL @ Barry. I have to think Barry thinks it was an angle by Ed. Misreading a 4 for a 9 is a really weak excuse.

BarronVangorToth 12-07-2005 11:12 PM

Barry is doing precisely what you should not do when you are clearly one of the best players at the table.

-EV ahoy.

Not to mention rude.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

surfinillini 12-07-2005 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
posted deleted- Dids

[/ QUOTE ]

whats with all these dummy accounts tonight

Russ McGinley 12-07-2005 11:14 PM

[jivedadson]Please turn up the table mic for this![/jivedadson]

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post deleted - Dids

[/ QUOTE ] that doesnt make him gay

Russ McGinley 12-07-2005 11:16 PM

ED OVERCALLS! HE OVERCALLS!

spsurfin_Michael 12-07-2005 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ED OVERCALLS! HE OVERCALLS!

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I can't hear you? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

12-07-2005 11:18 PM

Dear god. i wish i had money like Ed to be able to play like that

whalekock 12-07-2005 11:20 PM

Unless an Alien pops out of Ed's chest, I am never surprised at what he does at the poker table.

ianlippert 12-07-2005 11:20 PM

BOOYA!!!

Russ McGinley 12-07-2005 11:20 PM

AND THE RIVER'S A THREE!!!!!!!!!!! THE BIKE IS RIGGED!

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear god. i wish i had money like Ed to be able to play like that

[/ QUOTE ]
barry made a mistake calling jay the worst player he ever saw

ianlippert 12-07-2005 11:21 PM

No raise?

weak...

surfinillini 12-07-2005 11:22 PM

that hand happened to me last week...granted the pot was a lot smaller for me in a 5/5 game last weekend, my KJ lost to K3 on a KKA5 and river was a 3 board.

that always sucks

cwsiggy 12-07-2005 11:23 PM

Some sick action tonight.

BarronVangorToth 12-07-2005 11:23 PM

He didn't just make ONE mistake, he continued -- left -- and came back and continued some more.

Seriously horrific actions and completely opposite of what you should try to do when you are better than everyone else (or one of the better players at the table).

_
E
V

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

12-07-2005 11:24 PM

OT.
Hey Shirly. I recently switched to playing Just PL OH online. I like it a lot. But i want to play hi/lo and am really confused about the rules of OH hi/lo. Most of the rules for the game i find online are confusing. Do you know of a good website where i can learn the rules?

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't just make ONE mistake, he continued -- left -- and came back and continued some more.

Seriously horrific actions and completely opposite of what you should try to do when you are better than everyone else (or one of the better players at the table).

_
E
V

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]
i was joking about his particualr comment about jay being the worst, obviously ed has to be the worst player barry has ever seen.

BarronVangorToth 12-07-2005 11:29 PM

Bart,

re: "universal rules"

Anyone can write them up -- but good luck getting EVERYONE to agree to EVERYTHING anyone writes up.

Isn't going to happen.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

cwsiggy 12-07-2005 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OT.
Hey Shirly. I recently switched to playing Just PL OH online. I like it a lot. But i want to play hi/lo and am really confused about the rules of OH hi/lo. Most of the rules for the game i find online are confusing. Do you know of a good website?

[/ QUOTE ]

She'll chime in, but read Bobby Baldwin's section in SS2 on Omaha h/l. Very good.

always be scooping! don't leave home without an A2 or A3 (to start as a beginner) You must!!!! use two of your cards but you can use two different cards of your four for the high hand or the low. The best starting hand is A2A3 doublesuited to the ace - Do you see why??

BarronVangorToth 12-07-2005 11:32 PM

Bart,

Please confirm:

Collection is FIFTEEN dollars per HALF hour?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Russ McGinley 12-07-2005 11:35 PM

Bart, you may want to buy some lozenges from the gift shop at this rate. Almost every hand somebody is making a brain-dead call or raise or somebody's angle shooting and god knows what else.

12-07-2005 11:51 PM

Barry still looks pissed off, even dragging in that pot!

whalekock 12-07-2005 11:53 PM

Barry needs to kickback and play a relaxing session of play money with Tuch.

12-08-2005 12:40 AM

BARRY WOODS IS BACK

The legend returns home.

ChuckyB 12-08-2005 12:53 AM

Do all games at The Bike move this fast? This is great. I'd kill to have a B&M move like this.

Russ McGinley 12-08-2005 12:54 AM

Holy crap look at all those diamonds. 10 diamonds dead.

rlr 12-08-2005 12:57 AM

BDub comes back to at least even?

12-08-2005 12:57 AM

This was a great night to watch!

12-08-2005 05:47 AM

Mea Culpa and my apologies

I hereby publicly and with great humilition apologize to everyone on 2+2 for not only some of my plays, but for my demeanor. I had some personal issues with an ill family member and I really get pissed with continued suckouts, bad playing and any two cards play. Add that to Ed's angle shot and, well, I lost it.

My cumulative card in school alsways said "doesn't play well with others" and I think they are right. I had no business insulting (or complimenting?) Jay on his plays, it was wrong on many levels. For this I apologize, too.

Anyhow, it was not a good night, however I am comforted in knowing that my my wins far exceed my losses and overall, regardless of what some may think about my abilities, I have consistently played "decent". Also, please make no mistake about my opinion of my abilities. I regard myself as above average, with a long road to hoe. I play beacuse I enjoy it not because I either need the money or care about the money.

So, I thank you all for your support and those that don't support me, well, go f*ck yourselves! (LMAO)

Barry

gonebroke 12-08-2005 04:16 PM

Re: Mea Culpa and my apologies

[ QUOTE ]

I hereby publicly and with great humilition apologize to everyone on 2+2 for not only some of my plays, but for my demeanor. I had some personal issues with an ill family member and I really get pissed with continued suckouts, bad playing and any two cards play. Add that to Ed's angle shot and, well, I lost it.

My cumulative card in school alsways said "doesn't play well with others" and I think they are right. I had no business insulting (or complimenting?) Jay on his plays, it was wrong on many levels. For this I apologize, too.

Anyhow, it was not a good night, however I am comforted in knowing that my my wins far exceed my losses and overall, regardless of what some may think about my abilities, I have consistently played "decent". Also, please make no mistake about my opinion of my abilities. I regard myself as above average, with a long road to hoe. I play beacuse I enjoy it not because I either need the money or care about the money.

So, I thank you all for your support and those that don't support me, well, go f*ck yourselves! (LMAO)

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to apologize Barry...happens to everyone. Just had one question about the hand against Avo. Did you call him cause you were on tilt or did you really think you had the best hand? I have made calls like that cause I was on tilt and I just happened to get lucky and be right that time.
If I am sitting with the nut heart in Avo's spot, I will make that same move. I have done it before and have gotten paid off.

Who cares what these clowns on 2+2 say about you. Easy for them to trash you on the sidelines. Lets see them put up the cash and play.

12-08-2005 07:49 PM

Gonebroke,

here was my explanation to Bart, et al. Hope it makes sense.

Let me explain my thinking, since
I did not have the luxury of seeing everyone's hole cards in the Barry (7h) vs.
Avo (Q).

Though Avo's image is that of a solid player, he is savy enough to make moves, much
like Vic Park, and unlike Dr. BB, Ken Berg and Ed. As an aside, you may remember
a hand that I laid down pocket 8's when Avo bet out on a KQx board holding a 5 and
a 6. It is not above Avo to bet with a draw, a missed draw or nothing. If I were
to fold a pocket pair everyime overs hit the board, I would never play a hand.
On the pocket 7s with a Q on board, I would have to have given credit to Avo for
a Q and a Q only. Could he not have had an ace, a King, AJ pocket 10s or ?

When Avo bet and I called, I did not see Avo as representing a Queen. Well, he
actually could have been representing it, I just didn't give him credit for it.
Would not you, too, make a continuation bet when a high card hits if you raised
or called a preflop raise? I believe I was first to act and raised preflop which
he flat called (I think). This did not represent any significant holding.

The flop had a Q, I checked, Avo bet. Not unusual or suspect. A King comes on
the turn, I check and he checks behind me! Did the K scare him, did he not have
a Q, just maybe A 10, or AJ or just two suited connectors? His check a) gave me
information that he did not have a strong hand and b) allowed me to get my flush.
Who knows, if he was playing a 56 again, everything mssed him and not only did I
have a flush draw, I had a middle pair. Maybe I was still good. I bet the river
after the 4th heart fell. He raised me all-in with no heart! What did he put me
on the whole time? Surely not a pair of 7s! If he had thought I was chasing the
flush, well I got there and since he didn't what the hell was he bluffing at?

I do not think (at least in this case) that you cannot bluff me out of a hand. However,
if a "supposed" pro has 2nd pair with a 4 liner flush on the board and
he believes his opponent was chasing the flush, why the f*ck do you bet? Wasn't
I representing the flush with my value bet on the river? Was I to believe that
his overbet was representing a bigger flush? Could I not have had a J Q K or 10
of hearts?

Further, his 6K bet on the end screamed bluff to me. I did not feel he had a heart
(though not positive). He had invested some substantial coin in the pot, and did
not think he would win at showdown. There was enough money already in the pot,
why bet large...unless you couldn't stand the heat. His bet was telling me he didn't
want a call. If he had the goods and I had nothing, he would have won at showdown.
If he thought I might have a hand, maybe a re-raise (of a lesser amount) would have
given him the information, especially if I re-raised all in.

All in all, I think Avo's play was suspect and not all that great. Maybe mine wasn't
great, but through my thought process (as twisted as it may seem) I figured I was
good and made the call. If the ability and talent of a player is judged by laying
down winning hands because the bets are large, then I submit there is an intrinsic
flaw in the evaluation. If that were the case, and overbets ALWAYS represented
strength, then every initial re-raise would result in 8-way folds. At some point
EVERYONE bets to represent a holding other than the true cards, and gets looked
up. Sometimes they get unlucky and lose. That's poker.

I still feel I played the hand well, and you are free to disagree with me. Remember,
you have the luxury of seeing all the cards and then extrapolating the thought process.
We do not.

tomdemaine 12-08-2005 08:07 PM

very nice post. I'm going to start rooting for you. Lay off the berating [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]