Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst injury/injuries you've sustained? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372511)

banditbdl 11-05-2005 07:39 PM

Re: Worst injury/injuries you\'ve sustained?

I got blown up while doing research in a Chemistry lab in undergrad and had skin grafts on over half of my body and a 3-month hospital stay. That was pretty bad.

BCPVP 11-05-2005 08:02 PM

Nothing really serious:
Broken arm (humerus) playing 2 hand touch football on frozen ground in 8th grade. The fall didn't hurt as bad as when the guy who tackled me tried to lift me up by the broken arm! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

1" scar next to my nose after being bitten by a dog. Totally my fault. I was 3 and while petting it tried to touch it's eye. I got what I had coming...

RunDownHouse 11-05-2005 08:59 PM

Broken ankle in high school ball. It broke the growth plate, and the docs thought I might have some growth left in me, so its got two pins in it to this day.

I broke the same ankle again when i was in Germany about 5 years later. The docs took an xray, and then came back in to ask me what the [censored] was in my ankle. Those two docs then proceeded to call in about 4 more to show them the xrays, and have me explain the whole thing over again. I know those guys had to have been trained in that stuff before, but it honestly seemed like they were amazed and had never seen such a thing. Definitely put a bad taste in my mouth for the health care over there.

TheMainEvent 11-05-2005 09:01 PM

Broken Nose. I've been pretty lucky. And I drink a lot of milk.

edtost 11-05-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]

or better yet, here.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nick-Zack 11-05-2005 10:42 PM

Below knee amputation of my right leg. My dad was driving a riding lawnmower and somehow I ended up with my foot under it.

pokerdirty 12-02-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, if I ever want to read responses to the different question asked in that thread I'll check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

dick. apparently you didn't read very far.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i did call you a dick. oops. i apologize for these actions [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Evan 12-02-2005 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, if I ever want to read responses to the different question asked in that thread I'll check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i did call you a dick. oops. i apologize for these actions [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha, best introduction ever over dinner tonight. "You're P. Dirty, you called me a dick."

pokerdirty 12-02-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha, best introduction ever over dinner tonight. "You're P. Dirty, you called me a dick."

[/ QUOTE ]

not as bad as being belittled for not being attractive enough to be a receptionist. which, ladies, is a complete lie.

12-02-2005 01:16 AM

I've been lucky, no serious breaks.
The most painful was a seperated shoulder. Hurt like hell. The shoulder is still weaker than normal.