Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Is GW Bush the Worst President Ever? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329268)

zipo 09-04-2005 12:38 AM

Is GW Bush the Worst President Ever?

Perhaps we should restrict the question to "Is GW Bush the worst president of the 20th/21st centuries"...

Broken Glass Can 09-04-2005 12:41 AM

Re: Is GW Bush the Worst President Ever?

He is not even the worst President in the 21st Century. No need to go any further back than that.

09-04-2005 12:41 AM

Yes. And it isn't even close. Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

KDawgCometh 09-04-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps we should restrict the question to "Is GW Bush the worst president of the 20th/21st centuries"...

[/ QUOTE ]

restricting it to any president since McKinley is very smart, cause right off the top of my head, I can easily say Hayes and Grant as being miles worse then GDub(and that is saying something)

zipo 09-04-2005 12:43 AM

>>Yes. And it isn't even close. Do you see why? <<

I must be really drunk - I didn't even see that one coming.

nh.

Broken Glass Can 09-04-2005 12:47 AM

Why do you think so lowly of Hayes. He didn't negotiate the terms of the Compromise of 1877 that clinched his election, and he did a fairly good job while in office.

KDawgCometh 09-04-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think so lowly of Hayes. He didn't negotiate the terms of the Compromise of 1877 that clinched his election, and he did a fairly good job while in office.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't get the nickname rutherfraud for nothing. Its been a while since I studied reconstruction era american politics, but I don't think that I'd have a hard time finding plenty of bad stuff that he did, or more correctly let his administration do IIRC

Myrtle 09-04-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabby Hayes was an actor, BGC.....Stop bringing up you're relatives, it won't get you anywhere in this forum.

Broken Glass Can 09-04-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't get the nickname rutherfraud for nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That nickname had nothing to do with his actions as President, only with the closeness and controversy of the election of 1876.

They used to call LBJ "Landslide Lyndon" because we won a squeaker election for the Senate once (and not necessarily on the up and up.)

BCPVP 09-04-2005 12:58 AM

Only in the minds of people who don't know jack about other presidents...