Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Unbanning someone? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372003)

craig r 11-04-2005 06:18 PM

Unbanning someone?

Hey Guys,

Does anybody know how I can unban somebody if they have never made a post? I can't seem to figure it out with the new software. Thanks for any help with this.

craig

[censored] 11-04-2005 07:03 PM

Re: Unbanning someone?

you won't be able to.

AngryCola 11-04-2005 07:09 PM

Why would they be banned if they never made a post? And why would you unban them?
Usually the only banned people with no posts are spammers.

You can unban them if you know their user number, though.

craig r 11-04-2005 07:13 PM

In our forum (Affiliate/Rakeback) we allow a user to create a username (if they advertise with us) that can only be used in that forum; for example "rakereduction.com". The person in question had sent a PM to somebody (there was no spam) and David Sklansky banned the person. But, Sklansky said that if we allow him to have a username (his username is Mr.Rakeback) then we can unban him. But, I don't know how to do this.

craig

AngryCola 11-04-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The person in question had sent a PM to somebody (there was no spam) and David Sklansky banned the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds so weird to me. It does make a person wonder what exactly happened here, but I won't pry further.

To answer your question, I think you will have to get Mat to deal with this. He undoubtedly has more options in his admin. stuff.

EDIT-

If you know the date he registered, I might be able to find it.

bobbyi 11-04-2005 08:21 PM

If you send him a PM and click the checkbox to save a copy (or, alternately, add him to your addressbook), you will then have a link to his user profile in the sent PM in your outbox (or in your addressbook) and from there you can unban him. However, I just tried that for him and was told "We have no record for the User that you are trying to send this message to."

You can do http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...php?User=49468 and keep decrementing the user number until you hit it (49468 is the latest user as of the time I'm writing this), but I just tried that and there are just to many users. It took me like 30 names before I even got through all the accounts registered today!

AngryCola 11-04-2005 08:32 PM

Found him.

Here ya go.

AngryCola 11-04-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you send him a PM and click the checkbox to save a copy (or, alternately, add him to your addressbook), you will then have a link to his user profile in the sent PM in your outbox (or in your addressbook) and from there you can unban him. However, I just tried that for him and was told "We have no record for the User that you are trying to send this message to."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why I didn't think of this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
The reason it didn't work for you, though, is because he has an exclamation point on the end of his name. Craig didn't list it that way in the post. I found him with the user numbers.

craig r 11-04-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Found him.

Here ya go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much for your help with this. I owe you one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] !

craig

MrWookie47 11-07-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In our forum (Affiliate/Rakeback) we allow a user to create a username (if they advertise with us) that can only be used in that forum; for example "rakereduction.com". The person in question had sent a PM to somebody (there was no spam) and David Sklansky banned the person. But, Sklansky said that if we allow him to have a username (his username is Mr.Rakeback) then we can unban him. But, I don't know how to do this.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

DS banned him? I banned him too. He sent me two identical unsolicited spam PM's right on top of each other. I figured this guy had to be a spammer. Are you sure he's good?