Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What's the verdict on a guy driving a Mini? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=282452)

ttleistdci 06-28-2005 07:27 PM

What\'s the verdict on a guy driving a Mini?

A buddy and I were discussing this a couple months ago and I still can't decide...what's the verdict on a guy driving a Mini Cooper?
A guy driving a new VW Beetle either (a.) is really gay or (b.) has a controlling girlfriend who won't let him drive his own car. But is the Mini in the same class as the Bug? It's definitely not as feminine. People don't point and laugh when they see a guy driving a Mini like they would when a guy driving a Bug hauls by like he's driving something cool.

I still can't decide.

gavrilo 06-28-2005 07:29 PM

Re: What\'s the verdict on a guy driving a Mini?

my mom drives a mini when i goto visit her and drive it, i feel weird if that helps...

hogua 06-28-2005 07:39 PM

If it's one of the newer models, he's gay.

If it's an old/vintage model and in bad shape, he's not gay but not cool either.

If it's an old/vintage model and in perfect (restored) shape he's not gay and may, or may not be, cool.

geormiet 06-28-2005 07:52 PM

I love the mini. I am considering buying one, and a newer one at that.

Interested to hear the verdict on this one, cause I know I'm gonna rely on the posts in this thread to help me decide. FWIW I am straight.

jgunnip 06-28-2005 07:57 PM

..or maybe he just likes the car?
yeah, just maybe.

The Dude 06-28-2005 08:01 PM

A guy driving a mini is fine - nothing gay about it. However, most guys are too bif for a mini and would just look wierd getting out of one.

The Goober 06-28-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A guy driving a new VW Beetle either (a.) is really gay or (b.) has a controlling girlfriend who won't let him drive his own car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot more respect for a straight dude driving a new beetle/mini than I do for a guy driving an enormous SUV with huge chrome rims.

joecash 06-28-2005 08:38 PM

it's a toy car. i gotta go with gay.

spamuell 06-28-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a toy car. i gotta go with gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree, minis, beetles, those little citroen's we get in europe, RX-8s, they're all cars for queers.

zephed 06-28-2005 08:45 PM

Tiny cars are fun to drive, maybe he likes splitting lanes.