Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Stars vs. Party...is the gap closing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=272017)

MicroBob 06-13-2005 03:12 PM

Stars vs. Party...is the gap closing?

I don't follow the poker-pulse numbers at all.
Just read the occasional report from uglyowl and that's about it.

Usually just make my own casual observations.

right now:
Party - 41k players
Stars - 33k players

Considering that some of the Party players get counted 2 or 3 times (if they are even logged-on via party and empire for example) and that almost zero Stars players get counted twice (I am assuming) I think it is even closer then even these already relatively close numbers indicate.

TemetNosce 06-13-2005 03:16 PM

Re: Stars vs. Party...is the gap closing?

I think it's closing and it's a matter of time before Party gets overtaken by Stars. And the games at Stars are getting "fishier" than they used to be.

Having the last 2 WSOP champs come from Stars and the inundation of ads about such is starting to pay off, IMHO.

IndieMatty 06-13-2005 03:16 PM

They have been showing way more comercials. Saw one during the NBA finals on ABC in primetime. FWIW, I have been playing a bit more there.

Nathan183 06-13-2005 03:17 PM

I can't say I'm surprised Stars is closing the gap. I've recently started playing Party after playing Stars for several months, and I hate the Party interface/software. Stars has much better support as well.

I don't understand why Stars so rarely offers bonuses. It's the only thing that's keeping me from playing there exclusively. That being said, I will be playing there tonight from 10-11 pm this week. Hey, it's a start.

spamuell 06-13-2005 03:17 PM

There are lots of Stars adverts on the London Underground which has probably made some difference as there are like 8 million people in this city. And they're the best ads IMO.

afk 06-13-2005 03:18 PM

I've noticed that stars has jumped in number of players online as well. Stars was my original nickel and dime home, I'm back there playing higher now and I absolutely love it.

TemetNosce 06-13-2005 03:23 PM

FWIW, I doubt they will start offering more bonuses, either. They are proving that they don't need to do so to attract people.

Cactus Cactus 06-13-2005 03:23 PM

I have noticed that stars' games are tough. anyone else agree? And stars does not have an affiliate program correct?

Bob L 06-13-2005 03:29 PM

Right now I counted at 30-60 holdem -30 tables at party going (17 9-10 handed) and stars has 3 (2 tables 9-10 handed).Party has 27 15-30 tables and stars has 1 .And I will stop counting other limits right from there becuase there is no comparison.Without even looking I'm sure that stars has much much more tournies going than party -either that or play money.its 12:28 pacific right now.

TylerD 06-13-2005 03:34 PM

With the WSOP coming up, the EPT being shown on terrestrial TV (sponsored by Stars) and their $350K guranteed being upped to $500K I can only see Stars getting stronger.