Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Donovan Mcnabb and the NAACP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398514)

12-14-2005 06:48 PM

Donovan Mcnabb and the NAACP

I was watching PTI and it talked about Whyatt Mondesire the head of the NAACP in Philly's column from Nov. 27 column in the Philadelphia Sun. Does anyone have a copy of this.

moose47 12-14-2005 07:35 PM

Re: Donovan Mcnabb and the NAACP

web page

12-14-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
web page

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm neither black nor an Eagles fan but after reading the first couple of paragraphs my head started to hurt. Sure, maybe Donovan is a bit of a head-case and is not the greatest big game QB, but you cannot question the man's heart or talent.

If half the NFL had as much class as Donovan, it'd be a much better league by far. Maybe class doesn't win games, maybe flair does win you games (TO), however calling him out like that and taking race into consideration is absurd.

holeplug 12-14-2005 08:39 PM

The guy that wrote that article owns the paper it was published in. Which is one of the reasons why someone that delusional could have something published in a newspaper.

12-14-2005 11:14 PM

Thanks a lot, reading this article it is quite clear that the writer is not a sports fan and he does not know what he's talking about. Donovan Mcnabb did not run this year for two reasons first because he was injured and second he has become a great passing quarterback. He says that Donovan is Mediocre at best but he clearly is a top 5 qb in the NFL. Lastly he says that Donovan Mcnabb is no Doug Williams which is funny because Mcnabb has more passing yards, rushing yards, passing td's and less picks. This guy is a douchebag and if he didn't own the newspaper there is no way in hell this would get published.

Jack of Arcades 12-14-2005 11:28 PM

McNabb is clearly top 5? I think not...

thatpfunk 12-14-2005 11:41 PM

ooh, im curious... I'd like to hear JoA's top ten QBs. If you feel like getting extensive, two lists: QBs listen in order that you would take if you had a franchise and needed him for just this season or if you were building a franchise around them (next 6-10 seasons I suppose).

Jack of Arcades 12-14-2005 11:45 PM

well, to be honest I didn't say he wasn't top 5 just that it isn't clear. I think 1/2/3 are like Peyton/Brady/Palmer and then it gets real weird after that. McNabb may very well be #4 or #5 but there wouldn't be much separating him from #10.

thatpfunk 12-14-2005 11:51 PM

im curious as to where you put brees, eli, and vick...

McGahee 12-14-2005 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McNabb is clearly top 5? I think not...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's the clear #4 after the Manning/Brady/Palmer trio you mentioned. Maybe Brees & Green are close but that's about it.