Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   30/60 canterbury vs worm33 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288698)

bicyclekick 07-08-2005 04:00 AM

30/60 canterbury vs worm33

For once I'm playing my A game up at canterbury and at this point I'm pretty sure Mike knows this, but it's still pretty early in the session. I think we've played one pot together so far where I raised, he 3 bet, I called and check folded the flop.

6 handed, I open J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO, button folds, he 3 bets out of the sb, bb folds, I 4 bet, he calls.

Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets, I call.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets, I call.

River Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he check raises, I call.

Eh?

baronzeus 07-08-2005 04:25 AM

Re: 30/60 canterbury vs worm33

Why did you call his c/r?

I'm wondering because I don't understand what you're ahead of here.

Trying to learn.

bobdibble 07-08-2005 05:14 AM

Unless he is making level 4 move on you, he can beat a J, and probably can beat a Q.

His flop lead looks like it was begging for a chance to 3-bet considering you capped pre-flop.

On the river he knows that if you were drawing, you will fold. If you have 1 pair, you will call if he bets. But, if he checks, you will value bet your pair, giving him the chance to CR. He is saying he at least has an overpair, and maybe better.

Now, there is the off chance that if he believes you are playing your A+ game that he knows that this will be your thought process. So, he could CR with his busted AKs nut flush draw or something similar as a level 4 bluff if he believes you are playing well enough to fold a J or Q to this move.

My guess is that this is the more basic scenario though, and you should have folded.

daryn 07-08-2005 05:24 AM

he plays goot

PokerPrince 07-08-2005 05:35 AM

I don't like this river bet for some reason.

PokerPrince

Lawrence Ng 07-08-2005 06:59 AM

Having the way you played it post flop BK, you failed to properly define how strong your hand was with either a flop raise or turn raise as if you had any overpair you would very likely raise it one on those streets and given you did have a decent draw on the turn, I would've defeinitely bopped it one there.

Having said this and how the hand played through, I like your river bet and I'd suck it in and call him on his c/r the river and pray he made a river move on you with AK, but I can also see a great opponent check-raising the river with AA or KK hoping to induce a bluff from you.

Lawrence

arod15 07-08-2005 11:20 AM

Sounds like he was playing his A game too. I might have just check called the river. Maybe im to tight.....

PokerBob 07-08-2005 11:22 AM

I'd call here to see what he had, but with no illusions of my J being good.

Nigel 07-08-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like he was playing his A game too. I might have just check called the river. Maybe im to tight.....

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be tough to check/call this river.

dcarlc 07-08-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call here to see what he had, but with no illusions of my J being good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving one of the top players in the room a extra bet just to see what he has? Mike gets $120 when he prob should get $60 at the max and thats questionable.