Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Agression level check for this hand - how did I do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384363)

tallstack 11-24-2005 12:34 AM

Agression level check for this hand - how did I do?

SB seemed pretty laggy and appeared aggressive on some earlier flops. I had only played about 10 or 15 hands with him, though. UTG seemed tight and passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

On the flop I chose to call the 3-bet with the intention of raising any safe turn. I figured that I didn't want to see any A, K, 9 or spade, so my hand would be better defined on the turn. I am wondering about my play on the turn and river. My read is that the SB is laggy, but how far do you go on these streets?

Thanks,

Dave

ArturiusX 11-24-2005 12:40 AM

Re: Agression level check for this hand - how did I do?

Just call the turn.

kahntrutahn 11-24-2005 12:41 AM

I like it, I couldn't find the fold button here

jt1 11-24-2005 12:55 AM

I'd call the turn and raise a non-scary on the river.

tallstack 11-24-2005 01:42 AM

Interesting. Do you call a river 3-bet, given this river card?

jt1 11-24-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Do you call a river 3-bet, given this river card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking me if I'd fold a straight for one more bet closing the action on the river? can you say crying call...

tallstack 11-24-2005 01:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. Do you think that I am behind on the turn too often here? I thought that the chance I was drawing dead was quite a bit less than the chance that he had a pair, 2 pair, or a strong draw when he bet the turn.

Dave

tallstack 11-24-2005 02:08 AM

Thanks, with my weak read that he was laggy I couldn't see any way to fold this one. I considered raising the river, but considering the previous action, I didn't want to get 3-bet three streets in a row.

I am still surprised that many are against my turn raise. I am generally on the passive side compared to most posters here, so I am surprised that I am on the aggressive side on the turn here.

Dave

tallstack 11-24-2005 02:11 PM

Results

SB showed Q8 with no spade and MHIG. This hand confirmed his LAGGY status for me. I felt at the time that there was a good chance I was ahead still on the river, but that I didn't think I would get called on my raise nearly enough compared to how often I would get 3-bet for the third street in a row.

I was concerned that I played the hand too passively, but the responses say otherwise. I am particularly interested that many did not like the turn raise. I am thinking that this is hugely read dependent, but the presense of all those draws on the board still makes me think that the raise has a lot of merit.

When I posted, I expected to get some people saying that I should have put in more bets, but the generel thoughts are that I should have put in less. I will have to post a few more situations.

Thanks to all who responded.

Dave

TheMetetron 11-24-2005 02:21 PM

I either cap the turn or raise the river. It's up to you, but you need another bet here especially if he's LAG.

Edit: I take it back. Cap the turn. I like that much better.