Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   best location for mid limit holdem player? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398722)

buddhablessed1 12-15-2005 01:02 AM

best location for mid limit holdem player?

with my thermometer consistently reading 8 degrees thoughts of warmer surroundings fill my head. where would you suggest to be the best location for a mid limit holdem player considering these categories(listed by importance):

1. relative close proximity to one or many card rooms
2. game selection at these card rooms
3. soft opponents
4. area weather
5. cost of living

obviously vegas has the game selections but loses points because of extreme heat.

i heard reno was beautiful, any first hand info from a reno resident would be much appreciated.

steamboatin 12-15-2005 01:14 AM

Re: best location for mid limit holdem player?

Tunica if you don't mind a complete lack of anything even remotely intersting to do other than Poker.

Never been but they tell me Beale Street in Memphis has good night life.

BigFishSmallCardRoom 12-15-2005 01:35 AM

LA has tons of card rooms, incredible weather, and tons of free money. Expensive cost of living.

Reno has decent weather but can be cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Easy to find 6/12 limit and below soft games but anything higher can be tough to find. Cheap cost of living.

I say LV or LA.

Riverman 12-15-2005 01:36 AM

LA

12-15-2005 01:50 AM

LA. Reno is a s***thole.

nmrider 12-15-2005 01:51 AM

Albuquerque

Evan 12-15-2005 01:54 AM

1-3) A computer
4-5) If all you care about is nice weather as cheap as possible I'd guess somewhere in South Carolina or Georgia would be your best bet. Maybe some random town on the coast in CA between LA and SF.

Bulbarainey 12-15-2005 02:20 AM

LA area but not LA, live in Commerce or Bell Gardens, play at Commerce or the Bike. Both are hoody although livable, and the cost of living is much lower in those towns than the most of the rest of LA.

12-15-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LA area but not LA, live in Commerce or Bell Gardens, play at Commerce or the Bike. Both are hoody although livable, and the cost of living is much lower in those towns than the most of the rest of LA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whats the point of moving to LA if you're gonna live in Commerce or Bell Gardens? Spend the xtra cash to live somewhere nice.

12-15-2005 06:41 AM

I'm thinking the Bay Area, unless you're a really good player. In that case...ummm...somewhere else. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, you'll find plenty of good action at Bay 101 and Garden City. There's also Artichoke Joe's, Lucky Chances, and a couple of more, if I am not mistaken.

Cost of living is very high in the Bay Area, to be sure, but that's partially because of the amazing weather (a different kind of amazing than Southern California's weather).

Good luck with your decision!