Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So I'm a donk (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407968)

poboy 12-30-2005 09:03 PM

So I\'m a donk

First orbit so no reads. I would usually muck this pf but when I first sit I like to play alot of hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter

Hero ($24.40)
SB ($8.55)
BB ($23.50)
UTG ($17.40)
UTG+1 ($7.30)
MP1 ($12.60)
MP2 ($39.15)
CO ($17.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.25.

Flop: ($3.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $9.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

Should I give him credit for a flush? Given that he reraised pf(though it was a min reraise) how often would you expect to see a PP with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

beavens 12-30-2005 09:06 PM

Re: So I\'m a donk

one of them has Ah or Kh, id guess an overpair with maybe a heart for the other.

if you dont feel that he has a made flush then i dont see any other option than putting him AI

.edit these are fun hands to play on the button anyways.. i dont mind that you played this hand.

the question i have is should we be playing this hand with 2 raises in front of us? i would normally only play this hand from the button if limped/folded to and i would raise with it.

what do you guys think?

12-30-2005 09:08 PM

I am probably 3-betting all in here.

12-30-2005 09:12 PM

monotone boards

I prefer to take a stand here when I have a set, rather than a straight, because i'll at least have a chance of improving in the next two cards.

Another thought... you already raised, why wouldn't CO just call the raise and see the next card?

Protecting, or has the flush?

I don't know of too many people here with just A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that would re-raise on the flop.

swolfe 12-30-2005 09:16 PM

Re: monotone boards

with that board, it may have been better to call the bet and see a blank turn before putting the smack down. this isn't a slow play, it's just waiting for a bigger edge against a single heart. if a heart peels off first pitch, then you can dump it with minimal loss.

as played, i push over his reraise.

EDIT: also, why would you normally muck this from the button? this is a decent, playable hand that can hit some well-disguised strong hands.

poboy 12-30-2005 09:28 PM

I don't normally muck this from the button, in fact I'm happy to call 1 raise with it. I usually muck when it's been reraised in front of me though.

Berge,
I like to play alot of hands when I first sit in order to establish a loose table image.

12-30-2005 10:32 PM

I think the second raise was just to keep the blinds out. The two min-raises equal one small raise.

12-30-2005 10:35 PM

Someone who has the flush but not the ace high flush might be reraising to protect his hand against a higher flush being made when a heart comes down rather than calling the raise on the flop and seeing the turn.

beavens 12-30-2005 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the second raise was just to keep the blinds out. The two min-raises equal one small raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think this depends on the villains.. some people will minraise with monsters trying not to "scare people away"

12-30-2005 10:53 PM

I would fold preflop, but calling isn't the worst thing in the world to do

And yeah I 4-bet the flop all in. He could easilly easilly have a pocket pair with a heart, or even just overs with one heart, or a set. Who knows, maybe even 89

Yeah he could have a flush too