Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Wow..is he already broke? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364022)

A_Junglen 10-24-2005 12:33 AM

Wow..is he already broke?

Well, I almost never stalk people like this, but I was bored and decided to do a search for "Panella86" on Pokerstars (Jordan Berkowitz, 2005 WCOOP ME Champ).

He's playing in 2 FPP tournaments...

Is it possible he burned through that much money in a month?

Exitonly 10-24-2005 12:34 AM

Re: Wow..is he already broke?

just remember that's not his account, he said he was playing on a friends account. He may have transfered his money back to his other one by now and given this one back to his friend.

DeadMoneyOC 10-24-2005 12:41 AM

I played with him in a 20+2 Stud8 tournament a couple weeks back...I thought that was strange.

GoblinMason (Craig) 10-24-2005 01:06 AM

It might not be him, but I would not be one bit surprised if it was. I think he's bound to be broke...

Arnfinn Madsen 10-24-2005 01:20 AM

If guys like him and Moneymaker realize that they are -EV in WPT/EPT/$200-tourneys and that will blow away their money, and thus play lower, doesn't that make them less likely to go broke?

2+2 wannabe 10-24-2005 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If guys like him and Moneymaker realize that they are -EV in WPT/EPT/$200-tourneys and that will blow away their money, and thus play lower, doesn't that make them less likely to go broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

true - but wasn't this guy 4-tabling $5000 HU sit 'n gos after he won?

dibbs 10-24-2005 02:51 AM

Panella was a buddy's account, so there's a good chance it may not be him.

captZEEbo1 10-24-2005 04:47 AM

lots of top players play fpp tournys trying to get a sat into a real tourny. I mean, there's nothing else to do with fpps

William 10-24-2005 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lots of top players play fpp tournys trying to get a sat into a real tourny. I mean, there's nothing else to do with fpps

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get yourself a nice T-shirt that says:
I play at Pokerstars, I'm a big boy now and I'm no longer afraid of the suckouts! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jman220 10-24-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a pretty sweeping statement to make about moneymaker, considering that all we really have to go on about his skill is rumor, and his play in one tournament, and not even his play throughout that tournament but rather just the hands that made it to tv. I agree that moneymaker isn't as good as the top pros, but arguinig that he is -EV in a $200 buy in tournament? He's placed in other tournaments, and if I remember correctly, he won or came in second in a big televised bounty tournament about a year ago.