Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How is my line (PP $5/$10 - TT)? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366010)

angst 10-26-2005 04:12 PM

How is my line (PP $5/$10 - TT)?

MP is 33/8/0.7 over 300 hands.
CO is 55/28/1.8 over 50 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (12.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

How is my line?

spydog 10-26-2005 04:18 PM

Re: How is my line (PP $5/$10 - TT)?

I would 3-bet the flop and go from there. If you get raised on the turn by MP or CO then you can probably let it go.

jba 10-26-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would 3-bet the flop and go from there. If you get raised on the turn by MP or CO then you can probably let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

my first thought too.

What do you put MP on? he's a bit passive dont you think?

kelvin474 10-26-2005 04:22 PM

spydog, can we checkfold the turn UI if MP caps the flop?

kelvin474 10-26-2005 04:23 PM

Yeah I think he has 99/JJ/QQ most of the time based on the preflop and flop action. I vote for JJ or 99 by the river.

jt1 10-26-2005 04:24 PM

Why did you choose to stop and go? I prefer either calling down or calling and waiting to the river to re-take the lead or 3 betting the flop and leading until challenged or check raising the turn.

I don't like calling down or the calldown/river lead because your position is first and the CO is willing to gamble.

Check raising the turn is okay. 3 betting the flop is probably best due to the CO.

spydog 10-26-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spydog, can we checkfold the turn UI if MP caps the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he didn't cap preflop so I doubt he is on KK/AA. I'd be really surprised by a flop cap here. I think check-folding is probably correct, though.

RunDownHouse 10-26-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think he has 99/JJ/QQ most of the time based on the preflop and flop action. I vote for JJ or 99 by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can rule out JJ or QQ based on the preflop action.

I also 3bet the flop. The only time I like the SNG is if I'm specifically trying to prevent a free card, usually against flush draws. Here I think you're ahead way too often, so either 3bet the flop or c/r the turn. I prefer 3betting the flop because a lot of times I'll freeze up and just call down if an over hits on the turn, and there are too many overs to your pair possible here.

angst 10-26-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put MP on?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you choose to stop and go?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was frightened by MP's raise on the flop. I'm always careful when passives wake up, obviously. He could quite possibly hold a 7. Since I only called the flop raise, I donked the turn for information when the Q fell. Since they both just called I was pretty sure I was ahead, with a very small (pre flop action) possibility of one of them holding JJ.

KDawgCometh 10-26-2005 06:52 PM

Honestly, I'd venture just a call PF here. Being OOP in a four way raised pot generally sucks balls. I kinda like the stop n go more then straight up three betting it. We may be able to get him to incorrectly fold JJ here, and I highly doubt that QQ is around given the PF action.

HIs raise protects your hand for you. Three betting the flop also has its merits too, as I can see you being ahead here a good amount. Just because he raises only 8% of his hands, doesn't mean that he won't do weird ass [censored] when he does raise(meaning, I could see him turning up A8s)