Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   QQ Super Tuesday level 1 lots of freakin action in front (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331546)

Roman 09-07-2005 07:09 PM

Re: Results/Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think your math is optimistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level 1 in a Super I have seen UTG turn over 55, 22, QJs etc.

Later in the tourney it may be optimisitc, but not early.

OK, here's the numbers putting both UTG and Button on :

AA-JJ AK.

QQ 32.5%
UTG 33.5%
Button 33.5%

Dead $$$ still tips the scales to a call.

I don't think that this range is too wide or too optimistic. In fact its far too tight.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if you have "seen" 22 and 55 do that? I think ur math is off and the call is wrong. You are just dominated way to often.

woodguy 09-07-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares if you have "seen" 22 and 55 do that? I think ur math is off and the call is wrong. You are just dominated way to often

[/ QUOTE ]

OK.

Here's my range for the UTG and Button that leans towards a call.

AA-JJ AK

What range do you put them on, and what is your pot equity?

Regards,
Woodguy

betgo 09-07-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my range for the UTG and Button that leans towards a call.

AA-JJ AK

What range do you put them on, and what is your pot equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say a range of 22-AA AA-A2,AK-A2, KQ-K2, etc. But the probability is that someone has AA or KK and you are dominated.

You are a little worse than a 4-1 dog if you are getting slightly better than 2-1 pot odds, so it is not as bad as it seems, but I fold here.

Roman 09-07-2005 09:07 PM

Forget ranges... With hands that arent AA or KK, they (UTG especially) push a much smaller % of the time than when they dont. A typical opponent with TT in that position will flat call far more often than he will push. Unfortunately I don't have enough of a math background to make the calculations.

woodguy 09-07-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the probability is that someone has AA or KK and you are dominated

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the probability of this?

Just guessing I'd say that if we were in the $$$ it would be ~80%.

Level 1 maybe 30%?

Maybe I just don't fear limp re-raises that much.

They are being used to bluff a lot too, not even including the donk factor.

Regards,
Woodguy

woodguy 09-07-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget ranges... With hands that arent AA or KK, they (UTG especially) push a much smaller % of the time than when they dont. A typical opponent with TT in that position will flat call far more often than he will push. Unfortunately I don't have enough of a math background to make the calculations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't forget ranges, that's all I have to go on, unless someone shows me their hand.

I know you want to weight AA and KK heavier and I understand why, but in level 1 of a Super....its not 50%.

If the button hadn't of called, UTG would look a lot scarier.

So by now taking out 22-TT, that weights AA and KK much heavier...its not percise, but I bet its close enough not to matter..

Regards,
Woodguy

betgo 09-07-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But the probability is that someone has AA or KK and you are dominated

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the probability of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to my math, calling is cEV- if there is more than a 50% chance you are dominated. I think this is the case.

In a $20 tournament I call.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I just don't fear limp re-raises that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not just the limpraise I fear. It's that fact that the button didn't fear the limpraise.

Roman 09-07-2005 09:36 PM

You treat supers like 5$ tournies... Lots of good players play those too. Honestly, gambling for a big stack with QQ here isn't terrible, but I stil think it -CEV, you could argue about hourly rate and the like, but i don't know your set up.

kuro 09-07-2005 09:46 PM

Re: QQ Super Tuesday level 1 lots of freakin action in front

Button certainly doesn't need much of a hand to raise with position against multiple limpers and the first pusher doesn't have to have a super strong hand to push over the top of what is most likely a punishing the limpers type raise from the button. However when button calls his range shrinks to that of a real hand AA-JJ,AK or he's a real donk.

If it was me, I'd have reraised to 300 and been stuck calling the pushs. With just calling the button, I guess I don't mind a fold but I probably still call because heck it's Queens with a shot to tripple up!

woodguy 09-07-2005 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's that fact that the button didn't fear the limpraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought that was a good thing as I thought they both may have an A.

Regards,
Woodguy