Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Which street is worst? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404548)

NLSoldier 12-24-2005 08:46 AM

Which street is worst?

MP is sorta lag/tag and has been openning a lot. Other guy is fishy.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

TStoneMBD 12-24-2005 08:55 AM

Re: Which street is worst?

i think the worst street is the turn.

preflop is ok, maybe a little -ev but not much.

flop check is reasonable since you have no folding equity and the only hope you have of taking this pot down is on the turn. if the BB has ace high hell probably be taking it to showdown anyway. i like the check.

turn bet looks bad to me. there are now a million draws on the board and you have no chance of taking it down. if the BB has ace high he is probably taking it to showdown now. you have no folding equity and no draws.

after everyone checks to you on the river i would have bet it as well.

imitation 12-24-2005 09:10 AM

what he said, but preflop is ridiculous

12-24-2005 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the worst street is the turn.

preflop is ok, maybe a little -ev but not much.

flop check is reasonable since you have no folding equity and the only hope you have of taking this pot down is on the turn. if the BB has ace high hell probably be taking it to showdown anyway. i like the check.

turn bet looks bad to me. there are now a million draws on the board and you have no chance of taking it down. if the BB has ace high he is probably taking it to showdown now. you have no folding equity and no draws.

after everyone checks to you on the river i would have bet it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids 12-24-2005 11:06 AM

The river is good. Preflop I don't care might be good might not be, you were there I wasn't. Flop is fine. I think the turn is a bet if it isn't a 3rd club but since it's a third club you have no idea whether you're being called down by ace high or if the guy is calling your bet with KcTx or something so now you're stuck firing two barrels once you commit yourself to betting the turn, so, I'd probably check the turn again if I checked the flop (I don't care whether you bet or check the flop).

My vote is turn.

TheMetetron 12-24-2005 11:44 AM

Turn, followed closely by preflop.

Lmn55d 12-24-2005 11:47 AM

turn, you're not taking it down here enough and are gonna be raised off a hand that has outs sometimes

Victor 12-24-2005 01:33 PM

i like the river.

NLSoldier 12-24-2005 01:41 PM

for you guys who say river is good: you agree that the river is good only because I bet the turn, right? Im assuming you would hate a river bet after a turn check?

baronzeus 12-24-2005 02:00 PM

Why does everyone think preflop is bad? He raised in CO, hero 3bet on the button. It's fine. KJ is an auto3bet, so QJo can't be that bad.