Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rudeness on Two Plus Two (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314844)

mike4bmp 08-14-2005 03:44 AM

Rudeness on Two Plus Two

I noticed that there are a lot of rude commentors on Two Plus Two. I've also noticed that there are alot of rude people playing online as well. Does poker and gambling bring out the worst in people or do people with abrasive personalities gravitate towards it? Cause I wish people could just remain civil....

SNOWBALL138 08-14-2005 04:40 AM

Re: Rudeness on Two Plus Two

There are a lot of reasons for what you are talking about. One of the reasons is simply the internet. People are less inhibited by social norms on a message board. Most people here are anonymous also, therefore, repercussions for rude language are minimal.

Brainwalter 08-14-2005 05:10 AM

Yes, live poker players are bastions of decency.

SNOWBALL138 08-14-2005 05:26 AM

Yeah, good point. However, I would lay good odds that most 2+2ers are much nicer in person.

pokerjoker 08-14-2005 06:21 AM

its an annonymous way to be a dick to people. Ever been to a chatroom or player an online game such as Starcraft or Quake or whatever? Also I a decent ammount people who are skilled technically might not have spent that much time on interpersonal relationships.

That said I find most 2+2ers and also most people playing the low mid-high stakes games to be very friendly and intelligent people.

mosquito 08-14-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed that there are a lot of rude commentors on Two Plus Two. I've also noticed that there are alot of rude people playing online as well. Does poker and gambling bring out the worst in people or do people with abrasive personalities gravitate towards it? Cause I wish people could just remain civil....

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think it's a poker problem?

Try any competitive game popualated mainly by
non-experts (not that experts are perfect either).

08-14-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cause I wish people could just remain civil....

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2 is much more civil than any other forums I've posted on. I think this is about as much as you can expect when it comes to the internet.

Bodhi 08-14-2005 05:30 PM

Shut up you stupid donk, and take your ridiculous questions elsewhere.

Reef 08-14-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shut up you stupid donk, and take your ridiculous questions elsewhere bastid' n00b.

[/ QUOTE ]

mike4bmp 08-14-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shut up you stupid donk, and take your ridiculous questions elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice...real intelligent guy. People like you would never have the nerve to speak like this to others in a public card room...cuz you'd probably get stomped on. Not wasting anymore of my time on this thread...