Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Suggestion for method of splitting MTT forum (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404572)

betgo 12-24-2005 11:24 AM

Suggestion for method of splitting MTT forum

I suggest we split the MTT forum into 2 fourms. One forum would be called "MTT -- Strategy Posts of Interest to Professional Players" and the other would be called "MTT -- Miscellaneous Junk".

I suggest the following guidelines. The strategy forum would include posts by respected posters, interesting strategy posts, and post of hands from higher buyin events.

The miscellaneous junk forum would include sweat requests, beginners and stupid questions, needs for reassurance after losing big hands, low content posts,and posts from low buyin events.

People could poost in either forum. However, moderators could move the posts from one forum to the other as appropriate.

ansky451 12-24-2005 12:07 PM

Re: Suggestion for method of splitting MTT forum

Betgo are you serious???

[ QUOTE ]
The miscellaneous junk forum would include sweat requests, beginners and stupid questions , needs for reassurance after losing big hands, low content posts,and posts from low buyin events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure all the stupid questions will be easily recognizable by the people who post them originally.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but it is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea the way you have laid it out.

Degen 12-24-2005 12:23 PM

i think you worded that very poorly, you used way too many subjective and highly charged words, maybe my bs filter isn't working right or something...

ononimo 12-24-2005 12:34 PM

this made me literally laugh out loud (i'm assuming it wasa a joke). thanks!

betgo 12-24-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betgo are you serious???

[ QUOTE ]
The miscellaneous junk forum would include sweat requests, beginners and stupid questions , needs for reassurance after losing big hands, low content posts,and posts from low buyin events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure all the stupid questions will be easily recognizable by the people who post them originally.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but it is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea the way you have laid it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why everyone thinks my posts are jokes. A lot of people thought my Guide to NLHE Tournament Play was a joke.

Either that or they are retarded or the worst post ever.

I am disappointed I am the only one who has voted for "Sounds Great".

KneeCo 12-24-2005 02:12 PM

In which forum would "forums should be split up by buy-in/content/purpose/poster/...." go? Cause those make up the majority of discussion these days?

betgo 12-24-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In which forum would "forums should be split up by buy-in/content/purpose/poster/...." go? Cause those make up the majority of discussion these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

The junk forum of course.

betgo 12-24-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people may not realize that their posts are stupid. However, if the moderator determines that a question is stupid, he could move the post to the junk forum.

There could also be a filter to move some people's posts automatically to the junk forum.

Jurollo 12-24-2005 02:34 PM

Yuck.

12-24-2005 03:11 PM

What about dividing the forum by buy-in (say under 100 and 100+?)