Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55: I raise preflop, 2 callers + allin BB (shortstacked). I miss flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407059)

AA suited 12-29-2005 11:30 AM

$55: I raise preflop, 2 callers + allin BB (shortstacked). I miss flop

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

HERO (t2415)
CO (t2285)
Button (t3930)
SB (t1325)
BB (t45)

Preflop: HERO is in UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">HERO raises t400</font>, CO calls t400, Button calls t400, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Flop: (t1425) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
HERO? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Button is a donk. He'll call preflop with any connector (even 3 gap), any 2 suited cards, or any single facecard. and he got lucky several times to become bigstack.

no read on co.

my thoughts were 1/2pot continuation bet, check it down, or all in to buy the pot.

What's your move on the flop, and why?

Sykes 12-29-2005 11:39 AM

Re: $55: I raise preflop, 2 callers + allin BB (shortstacked). I miss

All-in seems like a fine play.

tigerite 12-29-2005 11:42 AM

I'd check personally.

Vuron00 12-29-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sykes 12-29-2005 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Doesn't it seem like we have the best hand?

Are we check/folding this?

Seems like a good pot going to waste when we have a decent hand and a decent size pot (giving us 1/2 addition to our stack if we push and they fold).

Basically what we need is for button not to wake up with A5/K5/K2/Q2/Q5/J5/J2, and CO to have a hand like 55+ for us to get called.

12-29-2005 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

tigerite 12-29-2005 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Seems like a good pot going to waste when we have a decent hand and a decent size pot (giving us 1/2 addition to our stack if we push and they fold).

Basically what we need is for button not to wake up with A5/K5/K2/Q2/Q5/J5/J2, and CO to have a hand like 55+ for us to get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't like a cont bet here, the flop is too dry, two opponents, a guy all-in (albeit for a tiny amount), SB on 8BB, bubble after this hand, us with 15BB, plenty of poker to play still, and no need to risk pissing away chips.

Sykes 12-29-2005 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't like a cont bet here, the flop is too dry, two opponents, a guy all-in (albeit for a tiny amount), SB on 8BB, bubble after this hand, us with 15BB, plenty of poker to play still, and no need to risk pissing away chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I think the most +EV play is to push. If anyone would like to work out the math between all-in and check/fold, it would be much appreciated.

tigerite 12-29-2005 12:20 PM

Yeah but then you said on another post you would call ATo on the bubble if your opponent flipped TT-KK face up, when you need to be a 53% favourite to call, so I really am not sure your "feelings" are going to be anything like correct.

Sykes 12-29-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but then you said on another post you would call ATo on the bubble if your opponent flipped TT-KK face up, when you need to be a 53% favourite to call, so I really am not sure your "feelings" are going to be anything like correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my follow-up post. I took it to an extreme. Also, nice way to take my post out of context and then troll me in another post.