Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Bush rapidly losing points with me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341374)

vulturesrow 09-21-2005 11:34 AM

Bush rapidly losing points with me

I think Karl Rove must be sick or something. Not even the most wet behind the ears political strategist would let his man make a mistake like this.

The Bush administration is seeking to appoint a lawyer with little immigration or customs experience to head the troubled law enforcement agency that handles those issues, prompting sharp criticism from some employee groups, immigration advocates and homeland security experts.

09-21-2005 11:37 AM

Re: Bush rapidly losing points with me

[ QUOTE ]
I think Karl Rove must be sick or something. Not even the most wet behind the ears political strategist would let his man make a mistake like this.

The Bush administration is seeking to appoint a lawyer with little immigration or customs experience to head the troubled law enforcement agency that handles those issues, prompting sharp criticism from some employee groups, immigration advocates and homeland security experts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you on this. Why does he have to purposely choose mexican/black/women to high positions? Pick the best person for the job, not the best political person.

Exsubmariner 09-21-2005 11:42 AM

Yep, pandering to some imaginary group of swing voters again, no doubt. Just like in NOLA. I hope Karl feels better soon.

newfant 09-21-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying Bush is just a puppet, then? That he is unable to make good decisions unless someone else tell him what to do? Why would you vote for such a monkey?

vulturesrow 09-21-2005 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, pandering to some imaginary group of swing voters again, no doubt. Just like in NOLA. I hope Karl feels better soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with pandering. It is straight political cronyism. I defended him on this for his hiring of Michael Brown, but the silver bullet is expended now. Why dont we just make the Democratic party's attack ads for them?

vulturesrow 09-21-2005 11:49 AM

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Congrats, you are now the member of a very small and elite group. Be proud.

Exsubmariner 09-21-2005 11:52 AM

You don't think her being a hispanic woman has anything to do with it?

vulturesrow 09-21-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think her being a hispanic woman has anything to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given all her connections, not really.

Exsubmariner 09-21-2005 11:58 AM

I see what you mean. I just read who she was married to.

Pure cronyism.

I've lost faith in GWB as a leader. He's now just another politician, as far as I am concerned. Right up there with Kennedy and Kerry.

X

newfant 09-21-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying Bush is just a puppet, then? That he is unable to make good decisions unless someone else tell him what to do? Why would you vote for such a monkey?

[/ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Congrats, you are now the member of a very small and elite group. Be proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooch. Looks like I hit a nerve. Enjoy the view:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ad-in-sand.jpg