Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   25-50 -- this can't be right (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407058)

Rococo 12-29-2005 11:21 AM

25-50 -- this can\'t be right

4 handed. I just sat down so my reads aren't great. I have $5K. Villain covers. My recollection from other sessions is that the Villain in this hand is even more aggressive than the usual 25-50 SH player. I feel like this is a very common scenario in SH games and that I am not handling these spots particularly well.

Preflop

Villain makes it $150 on the Button. I call in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I probably am ahead better than 50% of the time here against this opponent.

Flop

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check. Villain bets $200. I call.

Turn

9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check. Villain bets $600. I call.

River

2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check. Villain bets $400. I call.

I'm sure that people will tell me to do this or that in order to "define my hand", but I'm not at all convinced that I want to define my hand against this opponent in a SH game.

That being said, I can't believe my line is correct and this is the sort of hand that makes me feel like a donkey.

fsuplayer 12-29-2005 12:00 PM

Re: 25-50 -- this can\'t be right

looks pretty good to me against a big LAG.

creedofhubris 12-29-2005 12:08 PM

River is kind of weird, but you don't want to reopen the betting.

Did you consider check/raising the turn?

flawless_victory 12-29-2005 12:15 PM

kinda surpised this got posted, pretty ame... i most likely play the same, looks good.

flawless_victory 12-29-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
whyyy?

Rococo 12-29-2005 12:17 PM

Ok. I guess that I am just being results-oriented.

fsuplayer 12-29-2005 12:23 PM

usually when its a results oriented post i know exactly what the result is, this one im not so sure.

either he showed a winner and lost a ton of value, or had a weak ace or QQ and you wouldnt have won that much more anyways.

so which is it?

flawless_victory 12-29-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
usually when its a results oriented post i know exactly what the result is, this one im not so sure.

either he showed a winner and lost a ton of value, or had a weak ace or QQ and you wouldnt have won that much more anyways.

so which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]exactly. i figured villain had 22 or maybe A2? i mean, wtf? he let you off pretty easy dude.

Rococo 12-29-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River is kind of weird, but you don't want to reopen the betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I could see Villain's cards, I think that I would only CR if he held a hand like Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9. I thought his range was much broader.

Rococo 12-29-2005 12:29 PM

Results

Villain showed T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the turned flush. He obviously put me on a lone A on the river and just tried to make a weirdly small value bet.