Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BB special, facing an AI, do you make the call? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375749)

Percula 11-10-2005 02:52 PM

BB special, facing an AI, do you make the call?

1/2 on FTP, I am at work and do not have a HH.

I just sat down and this is the first hand I have played. Watched maybe 7-8 hands before this. Villian has played most of those hands and seems pretty straight forward ABC post flop.

PF, folds to villian ($270) in UTG+2 who limps, folds to the button who limps, SB folds, and I check with J3o.

Flop ($7) KJ3r, I check, UTG+2 bets $6.50, button folds, I RR to $24, UTG+2 insta pushes AI.

At this point I am thinking he has limped AK thinking he would get to limp RR, but didnt get the PF action. He might have KJ or KQ. I do not think he makes this play with KK or JJ, but might have limped 33 but doubt he pushes AI with a set.

beavens 11-10-2005 02:53 PM

Re: BB special, facing an AI, do you make the call?

is 270 the effective stack size?

11-10-2005 03:14 PM

Fold. Find a better spot than bottom two pair against the maniac.

-fop

mikeyworm 11-10-2005 03:18 PM

This is a really tough spot. I put villain on AA, KK, KJ, KQ, KT, K3, 33, and maybe a 10% chance of air. I don't have pokerstove on this computer but I have to believe you are not looking too good against this range. I think it's a fold.

Percula 11-10-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is 270 the effective stack size?

[/ QUOTE ]

He started the hand with about $270 and I just sat with $200.

kurto 11-10-2005 03:27 PM

If he's not a maniac (which you haven't indicated any maniacal tendencies in your read)... he's not going to push AI after a CR with a pair. For a 'straight ABC post flop' player... he's got you beat.

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think he makes this play with KK or JJ, but might have limped 33 but doubt he pushes AI with a set.

[/ QUOTE ] Why do people always say this? I see people make ridiculous overbets like this all the time. And I see people call them all the time.

On another note... I never want to say I lost my stack with J3. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Percula 11-10-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people always say this? I see people make ridiculous overbets like this all the time. And I see people call them all the time.

On another note... I never want to say I lost my stack with J3. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So many people at these levels tend to want to slow play big hands. So when they have something like top set or a set peroid they tend to slowplay and not fast play.

More times than not I see a massive overbet like this with TPTK or TPGK with a redraw to a straight or flush, or no redraw at all.

Yes you see the massive overbet and calls a fair number of times, but the average player is not making them with their made hands. Smart/thinking players will fast play, wasn't the quote from the thread the other day something like "fast playing is the new slowplay". But for the average online player below 5/10 the slowplay is still the popular thing to do.

Phoenix1010 11-10-2005 03:40 PM

I'd probably fold, but I think a call is good. AK, KQ, QT, and AA are all very strong possibilities. I'd play 33 and KJ exactly as villain played it (if I misclick limped the KJ UTG+1) but those are mathematically less likely. No one is playing KK so fast on this board, and JJ is a remote possibility as well. People who limp all over the place are generally not good enough for you to narrow them down to monsters when they push. I think AA is his most likely hand btw.

mikeyworm 11-10-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one is playing KK so fast on this board

[/ QUOTE ]

some people play KK even faster....

see this one

Percula 11-10-2005 04:37 PM

results

I place the villain on AK, KQ or AA in this spot. If he has KK, JJ or 33, more power to him.

Since he was playing a lot of hands, this also figured into it a little. This made me think KJ was more possible here.

I also figured that if I make the call and showndown J3o that I will likely get more action later from any players watching the action.

I make the call, he has AKs and MHIG.

I did get a lot of berating in the chat after and not just from the guy that lost with his TPTK.

From a meta game stand point it was wonderful! I got a ton of action for the next 30-45 mins.