Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   where do you book your airfare to vegas (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355596)

Jeebus 10-11-2005 07:35 PM

where do you book your airfare to vegas

So I am trying to get out to vegas around the time of the magoofest (so I might even be able to attend and drunkenly give away lots of $1 chips to whoever wants them) but am having trouble finding decent airfare. Anybody know any good places to get some? Or should I just call the Bellagio and tell them a high roller needs a personal jet?

10-11-2005 07:53 PM

Re: where do you book your airfare to vegas

My vote would be to call up Bellagio and say, "Hey bitchs, I need a jet." But I think you might get laughed at. Trying looking at Travelocity, yahoo usually has some good rates as well...hope that helps some

Kurt

SirFelixCat 10-11-2005 08:46 PM

southwest.com

Bartman387 10-12-2005 12:59 AM

try your local travel agencies. I have consistently seen cheaper hotel/airfare rates at my local STA Travel

STG 10-12-2005 01:01 AM

www.kayak.com or www.hotwire.com

SpaceAce 10-12-2005 04:43 AM

A very good friend of mine flies out from Cleveland every few months to see me. He's never paid more than low-$200s for a round-trip ticket, mostly booked directly through the airlines' websites.

SpaceAce

Photoc 10-12-2005 06:03 AM

I noticed a few small things when booking online vs calling airlines vs using discounters.

One is that selection is much better at the airlines site. I usually get a better price there as well as seat selection. The "discounters" were always about 10 bucks more because of the surchage even though the "fare" is a buck or 2 cheaper than the airline.

You can also call the airline and tell them what you are willing to spend and see what they have available. Anytime I fly, I do a ton of research. A couple hours to possibly save 40 or 50 bucks is always worth it.

WDC 10-12-2005 10:41 AM

when i booked i tried travelocity, orbitz, expedia, sun country and priceline and they all had the same flights at about the same price. I had to choose a non northwest carrier since my east coast working class liberalism will not allow me to cross apicket line. About $275 Mpls tpo LV direct.

mrkilla 10-12-2005 11:16 AM

Jetblue

mrkilla 10-12-2005 11:17 AM

screw Kayak, your better off with orbitz, Kayak is just reselling seats you can get your self

[ I know the owner of the firm hahaha!]